7mgte AEM EMS 30-1130 w/AEM CDI + AEM Pencil Coils & sequential injection

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
I have a AEM EMS 30-1130 (post 89) and trying to find a good ignition setup. I do want COP to eliminate spark wires. Ive talk to AEM alittle bit about the EMS being multiplex.

They said you would have to 0 out the multiplex tables, activate the 3 ingnition drivers to convert from multiplex to 3 channel, and wire the igniton system like this. CPS to AEM, AEM 3 coil outputs to the CDI, get an 8 channel CDI and wire each cylinder individually. That way each coil has its own capacitor.

Then as far as converting the semi sequential injection to full sequential they said to change the phazing on the trigger to every 4 teeth aswell as activating the other 3 spares.

Anyone think this is an ok setup to support 1250hp crank 1000rwhp?

I would do the JZ coils but i would still need a CDI aswell as a new set of JZ coils so thats alomst double the price of the AEM CD + Coils.

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
There is 6 coil outputs on the 30-1130 box. as there is 6 injector outputs. The box can do full sequential fuel and spark. it just needs to be wire up. You can use a 2jzgte igniter and coils or you can use wastespark and HKS DLI and run the injectors sequential. you will need two 7M resistors or run a 2jzgte injector resistor box. I have a 2jzge-t that just made 815 rwhp on IS300 coils and igniter with no issues on spark(using an HKS-DLI). We are using CPS from a 7M instead of the 2jzge distributor Car makes almost 800 torque also on this setup. I have a lot of time on AEM boxes and if you call AEM and ask about Mitch Pederson (our tuner) they will tell you to listen to anything he has to say about setting up your box and having him tune it. I wouldn't trust anyone else with an AEM. He tunes and wires up all of the Rhys Millen's race cars. Look him up for tuning and if you give him a call, tell him Jose from Kaizen sent you his way. He will take care of you.