7mge to 7mge-t

Toycoma

Four Door Drifter
Apr 2, 2005
new jersey
who has done this so i can grill them on questions??

Also, how much does it ussually run to rebuild a 7mge to maybe a little better then stock. new bearings, gaskets, stock pistons, maybe bigger cams and better valve springs. i am not looking to make 500 hp or anything. i just know that either this motor is going to need to be rebuilt soon or that i should buy and start building another motor before this one goes so i can be ahead of the game a little. any reconmendations on what would probably be the best/cheapest way to go. should i first try and turbo this motor, then blow the head gasket, then rebuild or would it be smarter to rebuild, then turbo it?? i have no money right now either so i need to map this out and come up with some type of game plan, thanks.

suprasonic

Mar 30, 2005
Pembroke Pines, Fl
You really don't need bigger cams and would be expensive. i would suggest getting another motor to be ahead of the game, rebuild the bottem end to fatory specs, and getting a 7mgte oil pump. The cheapest way to go is to get all the stock turbo components off of a turbo supra.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
Nick M said:
The GTE ignition components do not work with the n/a ECU.

the GTE ECU is part of the GTE ignition system.

the GTE ECU is ready to handle boost, has plent of aftermarket piggy back fuel computers and so on and so forth.

i think it is much easier to use all GTE electronics, that, and you can find just about everything for reasonable prices.