7mge remove emissons stuff possiable issues?

tomsupra8683

82gts7mgte
Mar 31, 2007
puyallup
well im rebuilding a 7mge to go into my celica gt,and i was going to pull all the emissons stuff off ,to many vaccum lines and i dont like oil and carbon making my intake plenum all dirty,any how is it gonna cause any running issues,i noticed there was a sensor that pluged into the egr.i have searched the subject and have found very little info so your help would be nice,ive built a few 5 and 6ms but this is my first 7m.:1zhelp:and one other thing i noticed another sensor after the cat,is it nessesary,keep in mind this car is emission exempt.the engine is from a 88 supra.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Personally, I'd keep the PCV intact... If nothing else it helps reduce pressure on seals and helps the rings seal better (or was it that it just kept oil from creeping past...). If you have no emissions or cat you could get vacuum by running this to the exhaust instead of the intake.

People like to talk about removing the EGR increasing temps in cyl.6. In the N/A that's not the case as the EGR makes it's deposit in the middle of the Y pipe ensuring a more even distribution than in the GTE.

Another (O2) sensor after the cat? So it's a Cali spec N/A??? Ick.

tomsupra8683

82gts7mgte
Mar 31, 2007
puyallup
must have been,but i will be running no cat and no emissons stuff and the only vaccum lines i plan to run is brake booster and the iscv,which brings me to another question,the cold start injector has a vacum line directly under it seem like it controls a valve or somthing,can i route that line to the throttle bodie or manifold?i removed the vaccum canister it was conected to,there is way to much shit atached to this engine this must be the smog nazi syndrome:sarcasm:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
A significant portion of that 'smog nazi syndrome' was put there to make your car run better.

The EGR drops your combustion temps. Not just in the #6 cylinder, either.

The FPR VSV makes it easier to start when the engine is already hot.

The PCV system prevents your oil seals from blowing out.

Emission exempt or not, I'd suggest learning what these things are for before indiscriminately yanking them off.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
GrimJack;977025 said:
Emission exempt or not, I'd suggest learning what these things are for before indiscriminately yanking them off.

Absolutely! Had you done more reading you wouldn't be finding yourself doing a bunch of research in a few days on how to restore the ACIS system which it sounds like you've already half gutted.

If you want simple go Chevy small block and forget about EFI while you're at it.

tomsupra8683

82gts7mgte
Mar 31, 2007
puyallup
well ive done a lot of searching and i have came across the acis but did not know what it was until now,and it seems that kepping the acis is a much better idea,it exsplainsthe
cars powerband when i drove it home,far as the egr removal i have a jdm ecu,and the pcv valve to the exhaust sounds like a good idea,but where would u rig that up with out melting the hose and would it make your car smoke?far as the thing that makes the car easyer to start when its hot,ive never had a problem with my supras starting when they are hot,only when cold.but it sounds like i should hook that stuff back up.far as the egr its not the problem when u remove it,it is the ecu advancing timeing and cuting down the fuel is where the problem is,and thats where the jdm ecu comes in,it dosnt have the egr function.acording to all the searching ive done. i not looking for simple,i love efi its a huge improvement in engine performance and economy,im just more familiar with the earlyer supra engines that have less complex efi set up but im learnig fast thanks to search button,unfortunatley the search button can be a pain to use somtimes due to its selectiveness on certain terms to find what your looking for.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
tomsupra8683;977060 said:
the pcv valve to the exhaust sounds like a good idea,but where would u rig that up with out melting the hose and would it make your car smoke?

You'll need to weld a nipple to the pipe some ways back, the longer the inlet nipple the better as heat will be more likely to dissipate before it reaches the hose. You need to weld the pipe in so it's either perpendicular or at an accute angle to the inlet side of the exhaust.

Exhaust pipe flowing in at the left and exiting at the right. (ignore the periods, forum software doesn't like empty spaces)

>=========> or >==========> <---Exhaust pipe
........//........................|| <---Added nipple
.......//.........................||

Shouldn't have any trouble with it introducing pressure or smoke to the engine... unless you place it WAY too far back and the exhaust is too cold (in other words it's too far back and your exhaust piping to TOO BIG (see: 3L N/A with 4" exhaust)).

Oh, someone on here has a setup like this... good luck finding it in the search engine. You may find it by searching for "positive crankcase ventilation".

mkIIIReed

Heavy Metal
Feb 26, 2008
Tucson, Arizona, USA
the sensor on the EGR is the EGR Temp sensor. It is a california only piece, and when you remove the EGR you must put resistance in place of the sensor, otherwise your CEL will remain on, and it does put it in limp mode. 10K ohms is working just fine for me.