7mge problems, need help

yokel2008

Feb 11, 2014
houston
Ok I'm having a problems with my 7mge She idles but when I push the throttle it has major lag, and slowly increases, but once she's up in rpm she revs fine until she goes back down. But when driving she does the same thing but can't go higher that 2500@ rpms while driving. Just did a brand new head gasket because I was planning on turboing it but now she's running like shyt... I was thinking maybe I hooked up a vaccum line wrong, I've looked at all the vaccum line diagrams but none have the lines under the intake and where they go.. She's is timed correctly, has brand new spark plugs, she's getting spark, the fuel pump is good.. I also had the car on idle and took out the AFM and the car cut of so I know that's working.. I check to see if she's getting fuel... The only thing I can think if is maybe I wired something wrong ... Is there a wiring diagram for this motor, it's in my 1991 toyota cressida... Any help just text me or reply back. Need help this is my daily car. So need to grtback on the road 337-831-7787

yokel2008

Feb 11, 2014
houston
The check engine light is not on.. We figured somewhere between the efi relay and fuel pum there's a lost in power like a wire is cut.. So we just ran another 8g wire straight from the actual relay to the pump, and also changed the fuel filter to, the throttle is better but not where it should be... We also check the tps sensor and when we plugged up a new one it still would not rev correctly without lag.. And to top it all off my exhaust is glowing bright red... We also did a o2 sensor change... It makes me wonder if the injector are squirting properly.. I have an extra set of 2jzge injector that I may try tomorrow.. But we are clueless at this point.. I also think my water pump is going bad, I know that's not the rev problems but it's holding pressure in the radiator hose so I don't think it cycling the water thru like it suppose to.. She wow also over heating, but that's coming from the water pump I believe is not working.. I replaced the head gasket with a new one, the old head gasket before wasn't blown we just disassembled the motor to paint the block... But she's not showing any signs of blown head gasket

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Holy crap.... That last post brings up a whole list of possible issues... Is your cat clogged? You disassembled an engine to paint the block??? Is this a 7mge with 2j injectors???? Are they low impedance?

Umm... Where do you start? Lol.

I'm hoping I misunderstand more than I think I do:)

yokel2008

Feb 11, 2014
houston
Yea we took the motor and auto tranny out to do a 5spd swap so while it was out we painted Uganda put a new head gasket on it since it was out. But we bypassed the safty switch... Cat isn't clogged there is no cat it's straight pipe.. And I haven't put the 2jz injectors in yet just have them as a backup and left from my 2j in my s14.. My main thing is the not reving part.. But ounces the rpm build up she revs fine, fuel pump works, fuel filter is new, .... .. This is my first 7m build

yokel2008

Feb 11, 2014
houston
We think the only things left would either be bad injectors that aren't squirting correctly... Or engine bay wiring, or bad ecu, but the motor was running fine before pulled, it still runs but just doesn't rev..

yokel2008

Feb 11, 2014
houston
Ok problem solved. Timing was of by like -40 degress yes negative 40 degree... It was the ignition timing with the damn distributor, the little notches on the gear has to be line up correct before you put it in.. Before you put it in makes sure your cams are lined up tdc and crank are set at 0 degress After that place the dizzy back in and start.. Ran smooth after. So please make sure you timing is not off. Save you the trouble and buy a timing light for 40 bucks and it will save you a headach. Trust me