7mge harness?????

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
currently I am workin on a 1jz swap for my 89 supra and I was wondering if i need the 7mge engine harness at all to do the swap i have heard mixed reveiws about it and I decided I would rather talk to people that have done then reading what people say any help would be flippin stellar :1zhelp:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I haven't done the swap yet! But, I could see the possibility of needing some of the wiring connectors. You wouldn't want to throw it away or sell it, and find out during the swap that you need them.

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
hmmm true story but I dont think I am gonna send it out to anywhere but I do see the point what do you think I would need off the harness just as a curious thought

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
You will need to probably keep the wiring clips that match up to the ECU and the other plugs under the dash. You can remove the wires by moving the lock pin in each one, and pulling the wire out without cutting it. You will than need to figure out which wires from the JZ harness will go where in each clip. 92TealSupra may be able to help you with this. Send him a PM. He helped me turn my 89 harness into a 92 for my new body, and he enjoys helping with wiring swaps.

***EDIT****You probably won't need to worry with the ECU plugs, as the JZ wiring should match the JZ ECU. But the other plugs nearby will need to be addressed.

gtepowerplant

A 1/4 pounder at a time
Jan 3, 2010
Palm Beach, FL
Hang on to it for the time being, you may need some plugs off of it. I have always used a 7MGTE harness on the swaps and always taken a few plugs from it so I am not 100% sure if the 7MGE harness will work also for the ones you need.

Good luck. There is plenty of info out on the web to assist you in wiring it up.

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
hey thanks guys i am gonna do a little more research on it i guess and see what I cna do and plus I might shoot 92tealsurpa a pm once again thanks if you guys or anyone else knowsanything letme knowthanks