7mge acting weird

mshaw067

Just changed plugs yesterday. Plugs were all messed up and nasty looking. I have the ACIS unplugged ( dont know where to connect it back together at). befor i changed the plugs I had good acceleration in low rpms and ok in high rpms. I also encountered a fuel cut shifting from first to second. Since the new plugs I have less low rpm power and a LOT of high rpm power. More then I have ever had. Any one know what could cause this. I am not complaining its just weird.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
How's the wires? Did you gap the plugs and were they the right ones? They will sometimes will give you GTE plugs by mistake.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
You don't have the vacuum line on the actuator on the manifold? Hook it back up. I don't have a picture. There is only one place for that little line to go.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The ACIS system improves low speed response. The intake manifold is too large for good cylinder filling at low speed with 180 CID.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
If you look from the top of the engine down on the intake side, Its right between the Y of the upper intake pipe, Next to the fuel rail.

I dont have a picture but if you look straight down youll spot it, Cant miss it.

p1723449_1.jpg

Best picture i had right off hand.
The gold "Do-Jigger" between the dual pipe ;]

You said you had the ACIS unplugged and don't know where it goes? If it is not plugged in, your bottom end goes to POOP... ;]

please show us a picture of what is not plugged in