7M4EVR's "mild" street 7M build

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
IMG_20130623_135218.jpg
IMG_20130624_215524.jpg

Had some time to pick up a few small parts from Toyota over lunch today. Cam cover screws, throttle body gasket, cam gear dowel pins and oil filter. Also had them order me a few other new gaskets and bolts that I am missing.

Tried to order a new cold start injector line but apparently discontinued. Gotta find a used one or fab something up with my broken one.

Isn't it the best feeling ever to walk into Toyota and ask for parts for a 7m mk3...they just go nuts wanting to hear about it and wanting me to bring it by. It would be nice to work out a deal with the parts guy. Take him on a joyride for a discount on future parts lol :naughty:

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
All done.jpg

Holy crap...I completely forgot about my lame a** build thread!

Progress (to make it more lame, but at least it tells a full story)....Finally finished the motor install. Runs and drives great, but I'm not going to drive it yet, right now i have a shady pieced together piping kit and no wideband so it's staying in the shop. It's winter anyway so going to save until spring and post a pic of the complete engine bay...Not showing the whole car until it's worthy.

Parts to come: Piping kit, nice accoridan and radiator hoses, wideband, BBK, coilovers, and tires. It would also be nice to save up for some of that retro-spec stuff :naughty:

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
I'd be interested to sell my accordian pipe after I go t4.

If you go BBK, I'd replace the vacuum booster and master cylinders along with running new brake lines. Makes the list a little longer but you won't have to worry about your brakes for a good while.