7M won't start, bad starter?

87'N/A

Aug 2, 2009
Auburn, WA
So I've got the battery charged up and the voltage meter I'm the car reads 12 and everything seems fine. But when I turn the key threes just nothing. No clicking no sounding like it's even trying to start or anything. Is my starter done or could it be something simple like a fuse or something like that?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I once forgot to wire up the starter wire onto the battery terminal when I put my car back together. I swapped out starters with my friends and everything until my dumb ass figured it out later.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
It's been gone over before, but the starting system isn't too complicated.

If the gauges come on when you turn on the ignition, it's not a fuse, since the starter relay is run from the main ignition.

Do you have power at the key switch? Do you get 12V at the ST1 terminal at the key when you hit start?

If your car is automatic, is your neutral safety switch functioning? If manual, is your clutch start switch functioning?

Is your theft deterrent start switch working?

alacran1

Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
I had the same problem when some black guys stole my cressida. They locked it and since my alarm system is kinda messed up they opened it from the drivers side triggering the alarm and it didnt start so they just left it there Lol.

Make sure the alarm system is deactivated. If i remember right lock all your doors and use the key to open the passenger door.

87'N/A

Aug 2, 2009
Auburn, WA
The theft deterrent makes sense. For some reason the alarm started going off when I open the drivers door and that was after opening it with the key. Then it wouldn't shut off until I put the key in the ignition. So I can reset it but putting the key in the passenger door?

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
87'N/A;1964442 said:
The theft deterrent makes sense. For some reason the alarm started going off when I open the drivers door and that was after opening it with the key. Then it wouldn't shut off until I put the key in the ignition. So I can reset it but putting the key in the passenger door?
It should deactivate the alarm. one way to find out