7m resistor pack - 2jz wiring diagram

twan

Supramania Contributor
Oct 18, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
okay so i found this diagram a while back before i started my project and it showed how to wire a 7m resistor pack into a 2jz harness for the injectors.
now that im at that stage i lost it! can anyone point me to a link? i already tried searching and even on google but i dont think im using the right search words.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
I don't recommend wiring a 7m resistor pack into a 2jz. The 7m pack is fine on the 1jz because it is batch fire, the 2jz is not. Get the 2jz resistor pack.

twan

Supramania Contributor
Oct 18, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm finding it hard to believe that the 7m resistor pack won't work. All its purpose is, is to restric current down to 3 or 5 ohms so u won't fry the ecu. But the 7m resistor pack has 3 outputs right, so two cylinders fire @ the same time. And the 2jz has 6 outputs, does this mean that the 2jz one has smaller resistors than the 7m?

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
Think about this: on the 7m when the injectors fire, the total resistance value of a single injector circuit is the sum of 2 injectors (because its batch fire) and one of the resistors in the 7m pack (there are 3 total).

The 2jz circuit would be composed of the total resistance of a single resistor from the 2jz pack (there are 6 total, which would logically have a much higher value than the 7m one) and a single injector.

I'm not saying its impossible for the 7m pack to work, but given the large difference in the designs, it's likely it would have far less resistance than what is required and damage the ECU.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
super.secret.supra.club;1718786 said:
ive used the 7m resistor many time on many swaps, never had a problem with them

Really? On 2jz swaps?

Instead of guessing, I looked the values up in the TSRM. The 7m resistors are 3 ohms each, and the 2jz ones are 6 ohms. The 2jz injectors are rated at about 1.95 ohms.

Total circuit resistance in the stock 2jz (without wiring): 7.95 ohms

Total circuit resistance with a 7m pack on a 2jz: 4.95 ohms

So maybe it will work, but its definitely below the 2jz spec.

Last edited:

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Anyone have the picture version of how to wire the Acura resistor into the Aristo TT harness?