7m na-t gas milage

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Hi I recently finished my 90 na-t build. It's a stock na block with os pistons running stock na compression. Running gte electronics. set the timing 10 deg with diag jumped and have been eating gas like no other getting maybe 200mi with one tank. It's been completely rebuilt new plugs o2 etc. Wideband reads just under 15 under normal driving exhaust smells rich but I'm using stock afm inj only mods is areomotive pump 3in exhaust and a 60-1 ct26. Wondering what's the normal gas mileage for a set up like this, and if this is not normal where should I start looking?

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
EPA estimate is 18/23 mpg. My mostly city driving averages about 18 mpg. I don't know how empty you ran the tank, but if it was bone dry its 18 gallons to fill which would be 320 miles on tank.

If you're on the throttle a lot in city driving then its going to be even worse than 18.

One possibility is that the new fuel pump when its on high-speed may be overloading the stock fuel regulator and running very rich. You won't see that during cruise, just during high load when the pump gets switched to high speed.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
That's what I figured it should be at. Ill need to look more into this . Would an afpr be a solution for this? Thanks for the response

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Nick M;2069152 said:
Take your foot of the loud pedal.

Haha I wish i was just heavy footed but I'm still breaking in my clutch just hit the 300mi mark today. Just redid the timing I was hoping I was off a tooth on the cps but nope I was spot on with timing. However the timing gun is showing my idle to be at almost 2000rpms I removed my cluster to do LED and gauge faces so I'm not sure if my cluster is off or the gun. The adjuster screw in my throttle body is seized so I can't mess with it. Check my tps as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Well the motor is broken in now and gas has seemed to improve a little. Hitting fuel cut in gears 1-4 with more than 50% throttle. Looks like I'll be getting a maft pro or something after all. Filled up today gonna track the mileage I get outta this tank and baby the crap out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk