7m-gte VS. 1jz-gte

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny87turbo

Dec 9, 2006
ohio
Ive noticed alot of people are converting there 7m-gte to a 1jz-gte. I was wondering if the 1jz-gte more durable or are you able to get more horespower?

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Pick your passion.

Low end tourqe, and decient mid range power, stay with the 7MGTE.

Like high RPM power, and somewhat decient midrange? Be my guest, and jump on the JZ bandwagon. (Talking the 2.5 1JZ here, not the 3.0 2JZ.)

Start mods, and all this goes out the window. Either engine built right will make all the power you think you need.

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
they are fairly equal with advantages and disadvantages. there are tons of threads on this subject with lots of good arguements but also lots of flaming.

in the end its up to you.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
OneJoeZee said:
Use the fucking search button.

Come down bud.

Adjuster said:
Pick your passion.

Low end tourqe, and decient mid range power, stay with the 7MGTE.

Like high RPM power, and somewhat decient midrange? Be my guest, and jump on the JZ bandwagon. (Talking the 2.5 1JZ here, not the 3.0 2JZ.)

Start mods, and all this goes out the window. Either engine built right will make all the power you think you need.
I agree with Adjuster on this. Both the 7M and 1J's are great engines but it will also depend on your driving style. Having owned both, I like each of them for a different reason. Like mentioned already, when you add mods, throw this info out the door.

Duane

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
s383mmber1 said:
If this topic gets you so madd Joe, why click on the thread?

1jz if i could do it all over again....

I'm not mad at all... Takes alot more than a repost to make me mad.

It's just a little silly to see the same thread pop up over and over when there's tons of info in other threads just a simple search away.

Duane: You're right. I just got finished washing my car and doing some other housework, so maybe I'm a little edgy. :)

BJ91T

Aug 28, 2006
Baton Rouge LA
I with joe here its kind crazy ..the search button should be huge and flash neon red for your first 2-4 weeks of membership here :)

I like both engines for different reasons the end result is up to you,your budget,and what kind of power and aftermarket support you want.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
OneJoeZee said:
I'm not mad at all... Takes alot more than a repost to make me mad.
It's just a little silly to see the same thread pop up over and over when there's tons of info in other threads just a simple search away.

Duane: You're right. I just got finished washing my car and doing some other housework, so maybe I'm a little edgy. :)

Yes it can be annoying when people make posts like this that have been brought before BUT! > we can still respect one another when posting .. you house cleaning car washin guy :biglaugh:

Since the thread has enough links attached to help this guy, then it will be closed.
Thanks for the links Joe :) (no sarcasm intended)

PS: I need my car washed and the need the floors cleaned in the house too :biglaugh:

Duane

Status
Not open for further replies.