7M-GTE oil pump options in 2024

freemang20

Mar 2, 2024
Hello all,
It seems that it is currently a tough situation with Aisin having discontinued their 7M pumps and the only options available being less than stellar reviewed off brand pumps. Does anyone have any idea where I can source an OEM pump without crossing the $1k mark? I'm going to mechanically check my oil pressure soon, but when I rebuild this engine, I will definitely want a new pump as the current engine has over 100k miles on it. Would it be advisable to reuse the OEM pump assuming my pressure is acceptable? The Aisin GE pump is still available, while the GTE isn't. Would it be ill advised to use the GE pump for a rebuild with modest horsepower goals?

Last edited:

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
the actual pump was never the issue. the feed tube and crossover were a bigger issue. Let me find the link to the dude in vegas. has a really nice oiling setup.

Jul 14, 2014
Sussex County
You can always check the clearances according to the TSRM specifications. The pump will most likely be still within spec. From what I understand the GE pump internals are smaller, there's a FB post explaining this, hopefully you will be able to see this.

Bru

Feb 28, 2013
Tampa Bay Area
If your oil pressure is at least 36 psi at 3000 RPM with a warmed up the engine, then you're in good shape as far as the manual says. As long as maintenance was observed during that 100K miles, you shouldn't have any issues. The first time I rebuilt my engine was at 238,000 miles with the original oil pump. Since I'm retired now, I only drive about 1,200 miles in 6 months, but I change the oil (and filter) every 6 months as the manual says. I've been using Castrol GTX 10W40 for many years. I look for the best deal on (3) 5 quart jugs on either Walmart or Amazon. You can get a deal on oil Toyota filters on eBay if you buy 10 at a time. 90915-YZZD1 is made in Thailand.

Bru

Feb 28, 2013
Tampa Bay Area
90915-YZZB2 could it be better?
The 90915-YZZB2 box says it will fit M-series engine, so should work. When I did a search for this part number I'm finding they are made in Japan, Thailand, and what appears to be a copy made in China or PRC on the filter, so be careful. I can't say any one is better. Here is a list from my notes:

Toyota oil filter 90915-YZZG1 USA Puralator made, 90915-YZZD1 Thailand, Denso 150-2010

oil filter.jpg

Attachments

• oil filter.jpg
    oil filter.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: trofimovich