7M-GTE FEELER THREAD ... Accessory Pulley Kits!

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
NST MK3;1191376 said:
and not one single bad review regarding quality, performance, or customer service...

...or not one mention of a price.

Are these going to cost half the price of a rebuilt engine, or what?

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
NST MK3;1191679 said:
I would guess that the three piece kit would be in the neighborhood of $300.

Hmm...that's $100.00 a pulley. :aigo:

$300 is almost a Koyo Rad, about half way to a used engine, a MAFT Pro, a set of used injectors, a new Fidanza Flywheel! This is just a guess here; but, it seems that we can get a LOT more for our $300 bucks spent on other upgrades. I can see a few folks buying them at that price; but, the majority is probably going to put there money elsewhere. I don't think that price is outrageous, just a little steep to appeal to the majority. It seems that you would want to target the majority; but, at that price...your market is likely pretty narrow.

I know that was an 'Off The Record' 'Ballpark' quote; but, my experience is that unofficial quotes are usually lower than the actual price. It will likely be higher than $300.

My .02 is that if they were in the $200 to $250 range, you may get more takers. :icon_bigg

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Members: Please respect Mike's decision on pricing if you think they're over priced PM him and discuss it but hammering him in the open is just making you all look very cheap :(
(if he got volume the price could come down)

Personally if these parts are good quality hard anodised with good fit and finish $300 for the set is a good price (I wouldn't set up my machines and run them for that price and would just buy them from Mike)

NST MK3

Dec 7, 2007
TX
www.NonStopTuning.com
IJ.;1191852 said:
Members: Please respect Mike's decision on pricing if you think they're over priced PM him and discuss it but hammering him in the open is just making you all look very cheap :(
(if he got volume the price could come down)

Personally if these parts are good quality hard anodised with good fit and finish $300 for the set is a good price (I wouldn't set up my machines and run them for that price and would just buy them from Mike)

Thank you sir, I appreciate the support.

And for everyone else... I mentioned earlier that many factors go into price. It seems like I can not win with some of you... You twist my arm and call me names for not wanting to discuss a price this early in the game, then after I throw out a very rough estimate ball park figure (because you keep twisting my arm) the first thing you do is jump all over me.

What the community should be concerned with more than price is quality of materials used, the type of machining and tools, the performance and quality of the product, the level of customer service, and the character of the people supplying the products that are for sale...

The final price may be higher, it may be lower. There are certain things you guys can do as a community to help lower the price... there are also a lot of things you can do (and most communities often do) to make matters worse for all involved parties. Prices are dictated by the real demand and real support (or lack thereof) from the community.

Either way, many thanks for the help, support, and suggestions from everyone who has posted, I appreciate it.

:icon_bigg

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
NST MK3;1192343 said:
You twist my arm and call me names for not wanting to discuss a price this early in the game, then after I throw out a very rough estimate ball park figure (because you keep twisting my arm) the first thing you do is jump all over me.

No one called you names...

NST MK3;1192343 said:
What the community should be concerned with more than price is quality of materials used, the type of machining and tools, the performance and quality of the product, the level of customer service, and the character of the people supplying the products that are for sale...

The final price may be higher, it may be lower. There are certain things you guys can do as a community to help lower the price... there are also a lot of things you can do (and most communities often do) to make matters worse for all involved parties. Prices are dictated by the real demand and real support (or lack thereof) from the community.

Either way, many thanks for the help, support, and suggestions from everyone who has posted, I appreciate it.

:icon_bigg

A lot of us are fortunate enough just to be able to own and upkeep a Supra. Some of us have them parked because we lack the resources, for of one reason or another, to keep them running. This is a great community! Sure there are some boneheads; but, most of us have the same Supra Blood pumping through our veins and are fairly nice folks.

Just remember that the bottom line is the bottom line...and the bottom line is money. Whether you're selling... or buying...

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
His pricing is spot on as far as im concerned... those are some large chunks of aluminum, the machining, and then the coating, it adds up.

the other set of aftermarket pulleys thats offered, made by beech performance, is $300 also... so i dont see the big deal... two vendors, same product, same price... makes for some good competition.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Beating up the price wasn't my intention and I agreed with IJ that some of what I posted would've been better received in a PM rather than a Post.

I don't think I sounded harsh, I was simply pointing out that most of us would consider what we could get for $300 spent elsewhere. As for me...if they have good field results and are in that price range...I'll pick up a set.

This IS a "FEELER THREAD" isn't it!? So I posted my feelings! (Did that sound feminine!? ;))

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
well from a feeler stand point...

i would have to see a dyno graph and see if these made a difference. because like the other guy said, $300 could be spent on quite a few other things that i would need more than a set of pulleys... BUT, if they dyno proven to gain something like 10hp/15tq over stock and boost comes on sooner or something like that, then it would have me more interested.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Rennat: Go over there and sit quietly in the corner with your pointy hat on...... ::dunce::

10hp from a pully change comeon get serious this is just embarrasing.
(it's NOT going to gain HP it might let it accelerate to maximum rpm quicker but that's about it)

NST MK3

Dec 7, 2007
TX
www.NonStopTuning.com
You will never see serious HP and TQ gains from accessory pulleys. The only way this is realistic is through UNDERDRIVING from the Crank Pulley.

What you will gain from a set of accessory pulleys like the ones listed here is some very nice weight reduction in the rotating assembly. Roughly 70% over OEM to be exact. This weight reduction will lead to better throttle response, better acceleration, and better fuel economy. None of which can be measured on a dyno, all of which can be enjoyed on street or track.

On a side note... I'm starting to like you more and more IJ :icon_bigg

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
NST MK3;1193224 said:
You will never see serious HP and TQ gains from accessory pulleys. The only way this is realistic is through UNDERDRIVING from the Crank Pulley.

What you will gain from a set of accessory pulleys like the ones listed here is some very nice weight reduction in the rotating assembly. Roughly 70% over OEM to be exact. This weight reduction will lead to better throttle response, better acceleration, and better fuel economy. None of which can be measured on a dyno, all of which can be enjoyed on street or track.

On a side note... I'm starting to like you more and more IJ :icon_bigg

the one time i listen to my subaru friend.... :3d_frown:
maybe i was thinking of something else relating to the pulleys and what not...

whatever though, nice product, hope you make em and do sell a few.
im done here :icon_bigg

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
I can vouch for Mike at NST making good products. I have dealt with him over aim, in person several times and I own some products of theirs on my daily driver. Never ever had a problem at all. Their quality is top notch, great service, and they do extensive R&D on all their products to my knowledge...
Thumbs up for NST!