7M-GTE A/C Lines on 2JZ... Need help (yes i searched)

jdemara

Apr 28, 2008
North Delta
Hey

I am a little bit confused as to how this is supposed to fit. I have read the "2JZ swap guide for dummies", and I know you swap A/C head from the 7m on to the 2JZ A/C pump, and use the 7m A/C lines...

Done that, now do I have something backwards here or is a LOT of grinding necessary on the power steering pump bracket to get this pump to sit right? As well the chunk sticking out of the head on the right side is in the way of the long stud coming out of the engine that the pump slides onto...

Any help is appreciated, I'm sure its fairly basic and I'm just missing something here

p1836541_1.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Yes.

I know Albert/Dustin(Can't remember which one) told me he had to notch the bracket. I will update this in a few minutes.

It seems like you will have to cut a lot but have you tried to mount the compressor to the block with the pump. Something is not right as it looks to be off by a lot and I have never seen that.

Local did A/C on his car just this past week and he did what I have in the thread, just swap the tops.

What I did was install the compressor first on the block and then connect the lines and after that, then I put on the power steering pump.

Last edited:

jdemara

Apr 28, 2008
North Delta
Have a look at this pic... the stud on the engine sticks out so far that the piece on the A/C pump hits. Do i need to cut down the stud in order for the A/C pump to slide all the way on?

p1836833_1.jpg

p1836833_2.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Do you have a spare compressor head for a 7M?

I know Tissimo had this issue years ago and ran only two bolts and moved that stud down below.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I was over at a local guy who did a 2JZ swap and looked at the A/C. I told him to do what is in the JZ thread, which he did.

It seems that there is a variation in the compressor head of the 7M as his 7M compressor head doesnt have the nipple interfering like yours do. It's not even on there. His was out of an 89 but we can't trust that as these cars are so old so I will look into it more for you.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Looked it up, there is two different heads but I can't seem to find a good parts picture to know. I will check a customer original 91 and see how the 7M compressor head is.