7M GE Turbo knock sensor issue

Ok, so i just got my car running. its a fresh built 7mge, with turbo internals. Running on stock yellow plug GTE electronics.

The car hesitates really bad at around 2000 rpm and im wondering could it be because i have one of the 2 knock sensors not hooked up ? since my block is an early gen GE it only has a hole tapped for a knock sensor in the middle, and the 2 remaining spots that would normally be tapped and threaded on a GTE block are just blank.

cound i use a piece of steel, bolt it to the 1 sensor location in the middle, then drill and tap 2 holes in the steel for the 2 knock sensors ?

if anyone has any insight as to what i can do to solve this problem please let me know. also, what are some other common issues for a hesitation at ~2000rpm ?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Car will never run right with 1 sensor left un plugged.

You can drill and tap the other spot for a sensor. Or drill and tap both turbo spots and put sensors in.

Other option which i do not like is to hook both wires to 1 sensor. Its not as sensitive like with both and its never good to cut into a knock sensor wire esp with a 7m.