7M-GE to 7M-GZE

VET88M

Jul 10, 2015
Chicago land area
hello folks,
im going to be starting my journy into 7mge - 7mgze (1989) 160k with rebuilt top and headgasket issue eliminated.

i know theres been some posting on asking if it can be done, how it can be done and honestly i havent seen any good material on it other then people saying it cost more then turbo charging.

what im working with at the moment,
im running cooler spark plugs, this will aid later on to prevent detination.
running a msd IB
CAI but that will be removed or relocated sometime during process
ive got a larger fuel pump its free flow min. is 87 over the norm oem which was 75 max
3in stainless-magnaflow dual tip.

i still have to pick up stock metals for bracet fabrication.
ill be running a m90 rather then a m62 as to reduce heat level
still need to pick up a aerotech regulator and both boost and A&F gauges
will also be fabricating a intercooler system to keep temps down as well.

ive looked over the numbers i should be able to provide 5-7 psi with my supporting units i have already installed(aiming for 5psi)
can always increase down the road.

none of this go turbo flaming... doing everything my self its gonna run about have the price as is throwing on a turbo kit or doing a motor swap.

will update progress on this, if your trying to do the same thing and have questions ill try and awnser.
will try and post pictures of the process as i go.

VET88M

Jul 10, 2015
Chicago land area
profile picture is current of motor atm, yes shes dirty but you can see some of the equipment on her already.
deffently going to take a while esspcially with planning placement, and fab but she'll get done pretty sure fabbing a sandwhich plates going to take a while.
ill also be help my buddy build his 95 GSR integra hopefully he doesnt do what the last guy did.

built him a 700+hp motor, i told him, let it break in be easy see hows she running and we'll work out the bugs in tune.. what does he do. races a brand new z06 when it first came out. threw 2 rods out the block, 25k in engine and trans work out the window.

andrew_mx83

Mar 22, 2008
Melbourne
Cool project, i always wanted to do this but went down the angry NA route instead. Keen to see how it pans out. Should be a great drive.

VET88M

Jul 10, 2015
Chicago land area
Projects going to be delayed for a little while, just blew out one of my rear 430$ tires... 255/40R18 93w Z1 run flat dunlop...run flat doesn't help when something in road pierces the inside tire lol

VET88M

Jul 10, 2015
Chicago land area
Update: New tire is on and plans will continue as planned

Next mechanical prep will be installing a full aluminum 3 core radiator and new hoses
This will help keep temps down and help a little bit in the long run

VET88M

Jul 10, 2015
Chicago land area
Update:
Radiators and hoses are on order
whole top ends been ported and polished and i gave her new wires do to a mistake on my end that mess the old ones up.