7M-GE to 7M-GTE Swap Questions

Feb 16, 2007
TN, USA
Ok I've been on here a few times, but my mechanic (who I think is a fuck tard) is telling me that the 7mgte won't drop. and I'm just trying to verify that his an idiot and I need to find someone else, but is or is not the 7mgte a straight drop in and hook up and go swap? Also if anybody knows a good site to find a intercooler (just the intercooler) and a downpipe or complete exhaust system let me know please.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
mkIIIforeverdrifting said:
Ok I've been on here a few times, but my mechanic (who I think is a fuck tard) is telling me that the 7mgte won't drop. and I'm just trying to verify that his an idiot and I need to find someone else, but is or is not the 7mgte a straight drop in and hook up and go swap? Also if anybody knows a good site to find a intercooler (just the intercooler) and a downpipe or complete exhaust system let me know please.

Ok, first of all... If you think your mechanic is a fuck tard, why do you have your car there in his care?

2nd, maybe the GTE you have has the wrong motor mounts on it. You haven't told us anything else about the situation so that's just my guess based on what you've told us.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Actually, if you get a USDM 7M-GTE that matches the engine with the year of the car, it really is straight plug and play. 87-88s match, 89 is a weird year (not sure of the differences), and 90-92 match.