7M-GE Engine Harness

69ho

May 17, 2013
Huntsville, AL
Can anyone tell me where the 4-pin gray connector in the photo to the right of the person's foot goes? It only has 3 wires populated and I think they are yellow, red and black. I am doing a head gasket replacement and when I disassembled, this connector was going nowhere

Attachments

• engine wiring harness.jpg
    engine wiring harness.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Is this a GTE harness? It almost looks like the wire to the right of your foot in the picture that has no connector on it was where a knock sensor used to be and they cut it off to run it on a GE since the GE only uses one knock sensor. I cant really tell for sure in the picture, this is just based off what I can actually see as I cant zoom in.

69ho

May 17, 2013
Huntsville, AL
This is not my harness, just a picture of one that I found onlline. I am able to click on the photo and then able to zoom in. As I stated above, I don't think that it was connected when I disassembled.

69ho

May 17, 2013
Huntsville, AL
It was advertised as being a 7M-GE harness, but I don't know. The connector on my harness looks exactly like the one I am referencing in this photo; gray, 4-pin with three wires populated. I thought that the knock sensor was a single wire connector?