7M exhaust manifold thread

logan

3 laws safe
Oct 4, 2005
U.S-U.K
This is a turbonetics manifold , but everyone seems to call the hks shortie a turbonetics too ???

Pics yanked of ebay ..

Attachments

• turbonetics manny.jpg
    turbonetics manny.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 73
  • turbonetics manny3.jpg
    turbonetics manny3.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 53

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
Excuse the picture quality...

HKS Twin Turbo Manifold on the side of my parts engine...gives a good idea where the turbos end up...the manifold belongs to a friend.
p497938_1.jpg

p497938_2.jpg

YSR Twin Turbo Manifold (Still not completely sure on it being a YSR, but the source was reputible, though there are no markings to be sure) Greddy style twin turbo manifold (differences from the Greddy include how tall the runners are and the routing of the #5 and #6 runners, as well as some difference in turbo placement)
p497938_3.jpg

on my old parts car...
p497938_4.jpg

I also have the Greddy twin kit with manifold...but it's waiting for me to pick it up next week, so no pics yet. Given the notches for hte power steering on the Greddy and the YSR, I suspect they were originally designed for the MKII, then carried on for the MKIII when they realized Toyota kept almost everything the same.

Last edited:

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
wow..... great post (sticky for sure). i know hpf offers a turbo kit with their manifold, but they might use a sound performance manifold or rps or something...

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
logan said:
This is a turbonetics manifold , but everyone seems to call the hks shortie a turbonetics too ???

Pics yanked of ebay ..

Maybe I'm not seeing it right, but those pics look like a ported stock 7m turbo manifold. Am I wrong about that???

logan

3 laws safe
Oct 4, 2005
U.S-U.K
Look at the runners , to me they look like they have more of a radius to them and cosmetically the edges on the top are flat , it also has a t4 flange . It is similar enough to have to play spot the difference though and it looks like turbonetics reworked the stock one and cast it to me .

Here is the link on ebay , says its a turbonetics .
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYO...tegoryZ33742QQihZ006QQitemZ160077795731QQrdZ1

Stock ones for reference \/

Attachments

• stock m.jpg
    stock m.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 48
  • stock m1.jpg
    stock m1.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 32

SD2JZA70

HardTunedMotorsports
Apr 5, 2005
San Marcos, CA
www.cardomain.com
That looks like a stock manifold in every way except for the T4 flange. Ive held a turbonetics manifold in my hand and it was a HKS short runner replica. Im not sure what that manifold is but its interesting none the less.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
logan said:
Look at the runners , to me they look like they have more of a radius to them and cosmetically the edges on the top are flat , it also has a t4 flange . It is similar enough to have to play spot the difference though and it looks like turbonetics reworked the stock one and cast it to me .

Here is the link on ebay , says its a turbonetics .
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYO...tegoryZ33742QQihZ006QQitemZ160077795731QQrdZ1

Stock ones for reference \/

Ok, I see now. How could I have missed the T4 flange? Cool.