7m ct26 60-1 dyno

nick rossow

Mar 23, 2008
florence, ky
this was my first time at the dyno. Modular depot in northern ky was the shop. i will scan up the sheets when i can get to a scanner. car did 313 rwhp and 352 rwtq. i am in the process of finding another turbo and maybe some cams. i ran crazy rich on my first two runs and pulled almost 20psi of fuel out. i was running the car on 18psi

mods on car:
rebuilt engine..JDM engine no oil squirters, yes it was a stock turbo engine
greddy 2mm mhg
arp head bolts
aero fpr and stainless lines
lexus afm
suprasport 550's
kn fipk
suprasport turbo elbow
megan racing downpipe
full 3 in exhaust
valve cover allen screws
greddy catch can
greddy profec e-01 boost controller
hks ssqv
front mount and custom pipes
FFIM
ct-26 hybrid 60-1 JDM turbo
walbro 255
fluidyne rad
electric fans with thermostat

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
nick rossow;1362886 said:
this was my first time at the dyno. Modular depot in northern ky was the shop. i will scan up the sheets when i can get to a scanner. car did 313 rwhp and 352 rwtq. i am in the process of finding another turbo and maybe some cams. i ran crazy rich on my first two runs and pulled almost 20psi of fuel out. i was running the car on 18psi

mods on car:
rebuilt engine..JDM engine no oil squirters, yes it was a stock turbo engine
greddy 2mm mhg
arp head bolts
aero fpr and stainless lines
lexus afm
suprasport 550's
kn fipk
suprasport turbo elbow
megan racing downpipe
full 3 in exhaust
valve cover allen screws
greddy catch can
greddy profec e-01 boost controller
hks ssqv
front mount and custom pipes
FFIM
ct-26 hybrid 60-1 JDM turbo
walbro 255
fluidyne rad
electric fans with thermostat

Where you also running very rich when you did 313whp? To be honest with you for 18psi, 313whp seems kinda low.

nick rossow

Mar 23, 2008
florence, ky
ran lean at the start and rich on the top end. there are a few things i need to look into for why the numbers were low for a 60-1. gonna check valve clearances and boost pressure text along with a leakdown in the next couple of days. so far i have ran with an LSx vette and kept right on his ass along with a LS1 WS6 Trans Am and pulled on a 2004 WRX STI with a tune.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
You only made 313rwhp!? Dude, something's wrong with your setup. For what it's worth, on a death whining stock CT26 @ 15psi, I made 289rwhp, 295rw tq. Mind you, this turbo had shaft play, both axial and radial, and blew all kinds of smoke. All that on a Mustang dyno (which tends to read lower than most others)

You only made 24 more rwhp than my old, tired setup, with 3psi more, AND a more efficient turbo.

I understand that no two dyno's are alike, but still, something's not right.

nick rossow

Mar 23, 2008
florence, ky
shaeff;1362910 said:
You only made 313rwhp!? Dude, something's wrong with your setup. For what it's worth, on a death whining stock CT26 @ 15psi, I made 289rwhp, 295rw tq. Mind you, this turbo had shaft play, both axial and radial, and blew all kinds of smoke. All that on a Mustang dyno (which tends to read lower than most others)

You only made 24 more rwhp than my old, tired setup, with 3psi more, AND a more efficient turbo.

I understand that no two dyno's are alike, but still, something's not right.

yeah i am still running the cams that came with the engine just put the valve stem seals when it was apart and nothing else becuase i didnt have any of the tools. gotta do some other basic tests while i am at it.

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Yeah!!! I agree with those number being TOO low. I did 355rwhp and 377rwtq at 11-12 psi with stock intercooler and injectors. And my car did 377rwhp and over 400rwtq at 15 psi but back it down, it was too lean for me. Do you have an aftermarket boost guage? It will tell you if you have vac leaks. Good luck finding the problem.:beer:

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
FYI mk3 on 18 psi spike then drop to 14 PSI stock ct26 made 298 /383 on the dyno day session the other day...

Somethings up with your setup! :)

fix the fuel, check for boost leaks!

DigityD'87

Feb 27, 2008
Portsmouth, NH
shaeff;1362910 said:

LOL at "death whine". I know a little about that. Scared the shit out of me the first time that happened lol. Made sense that it was only running 4psi (over 1/2" of shaft play will do that). My buddies 7m with 550's, Lex AFM, 57trim CT, spearco replica, 14psi and mild tunning made 338rwhp and just under 390rwtq(cant recall exactly). I'm sure you'll get it situated, after all its got the reliability of a 7m, right?

nick rossow

Mar 23, 2008
florence, ky
ok guys i found my problems. I did a compression check and the numbers were in the 130+ range, kinda strange for a fresh bottom end. So i did a leakdown test and found out i had massive leakdown on 4 of my cylinders coming from the exhaust valves and found a badly scored cam. I have a spare head that is good and ready to go along with some BC cams i just ordered. The supra should be a whole new beast when put back together with the cams and GT35R setup.

kikdurazz

what's the birdcage for?
Apr 1, 2005
winnipeg
Yeah something was up, I have generally the same setup as you running 18psi dropping off to 16psi in the top end and I put down 381 rwhp and 397 rwtq.

It will be a new experience once you get it back together.