7m crank 6m or 1j

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
Bought a crank that was sappose to be a 7m crank. Matched it up to my 6m crank the counterweights are different when I drop it in and free spin in the number two rod journal counterweight hits where the oil pump bolts up too. Took it out the stamp says u1 or j1 can't really make it out.

It's my fault for not checking the stamp. But my question is are the 7m and 6m cranks are interchangeable on any 7m block.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
6m and 7m are indeed interchangeable. You definitely have a unknown crank, if it hits anything.
Can you post a pic?

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
Ya I'm just thinking I'm gunna wait untill I rip the engine out of my car and use that crank and other little thing I need that I can reuse because finding the part in my area is very hard not alot of supra parts around its not worth wasting all that money when I can just wait till winter.

Gunna be useing the head and crank from mine. Gunna get the head all redone though before installing

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Alphanumeric codes on a crank or other places do not mean that is the engine family. The block shows it, the head does not. It might be, but it might not be.

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
Turns out it is a 7m crank. I have a early 7mgte block. So the fully counterweighted 7m crank hits the oil pump flange just a hair so I have to get that machined to be a little smaller