7m build up Qestions

fstsupra

Jan 12, 2006
IDAHO
Basicaly I have A old motor im buying a 30k-50k imported engine. Im going to get a lexus afm, 550cc or bigger injectors, t66 turbo, a adjustable fpr greddy bov 2.75, charge pipes new front mount intercooler, walbro 255 lph fuel pump, metal head gasket and arp head studs. And i already have 3inch exhaust.

If there is anything else you think i should add or change let me know or if you have any feedback on any of these parts thanks.

Last edited:

fstsupra

Jan 12, 2006
IDAHO
figgie said:
hmm let see

a USED motor and you are doing all that too it?

Do you see a problem with this logic? I sure as hell do ;)

well im sure i as well as everyone else would really love a new motor but since they arnt offerd i guese ill have to settle with a imported motor :p

IM planing on a rebuild a little down the line witch will include pistons rods valve job 1mm over bore on exhaust but right now im to poor for that.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
fstsupra said:
well im sure i as well as everyone else would really love a new motor but since they arnt offerd i guese ill have to settle with a imported motor :p

IM planing on a rebuild a little down the line witch will include pistons rods valve job 1mm over bore on exhaust but right now im to poor for that.

no i didn't mean a NEW motor. I meant that you are putting you money in parts and not even rebuilding the damn thng? instead of buying ALL that. rebuild the motor and then with what ever is left over invest in replacing all other maintanance related items ;)

Otherwise we will have another post... HELP motor is knocking!!! et al.

fstsupra

Jan 12, 2006
IDAHO
WOULDnt REPLACING IT WITH A 30-50K MOTOR be better? My motor has almost 200k the pistons i want are going to cost the same as the jdm engine. i found a local dealer that is selling me the motor for 840 and 350 for trans. I figured it would be better to start of with a engine with less miles.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com

IM planing on a rebuild a little down the line witch will include pistons rods valve job 1mm over bore on exhaust but right now im to poor for that
I just dont get it. Why drop close to a grand on a used engine, which might not have 30-50k, when you can save that money and have yours rebuilt. It makes zero sense. I just dont get it.