7M bearing choices

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
I tryed searching for a store or place that sells NDC bearings and no luck. Were do you guys get them from. A link would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
If the crank touches the bearings while running the Oil system isn't doing it's job, "might" make a difference on a Cold start but most modern Oils are quite sticky so "should" provide a film even if let sit for months at a time, first start is the other time it might be useful but that's what assembly lube is for.

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
wardog;1627260 said:
Has anybody tryed the Beck/Arnley bearings for the 7mgte?

Well I just ordered a set or 10 mains and 10 rods and thrust washers for $55 shipped Priority Mail. Its for daily driver and it gonna push around 350rwhp not much. Ill let you guys know if they are reboxed or original etc etc. They should be here by friday.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
has any one called titan and asked em if there barring are just reboxed?

they say there thrust washer have coating on them ? stock ones don't so maybe these might be different bearing's ?

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
wardog;1629979 said:
I tryed searching for a store or place that sells NDC bearings and no luck. Were do you guys get them from. A link would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Anybody know were to get the NDC bearings? I tryed going to their site and nothing.

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
I just recieved my Beck/Arnley bearing set from rockauto. com. I got all excited when i opened the thrust washers and they were NDC but the Mains and rods are reboxed ACL bearings. I just wanted to see what kind of bearings were in Beck/Arnley Boxes. I took one for the team just so we can all have more info on the bearings for the 7m. Im still gonna use them for my daily mid 350 rwhp build. Here is a pic of them.

Attachments

• Oct23_0001..jpg
    Oct23_0001..jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 55
Dec 3, 2003
Canada
suprarich;1614273 said:
NDC/Clevite are the only bearings proven to hold up in a 7m for over 1k HP

Untrue. I run OEM bearings. ;) Car runs like a champ too. I've always run OEM Toyota bearings, and the engine has been apart several times during which the bearings were always inspected.

Duane

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Enraged;1644887 said:

kelso-burn.jpg

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Enraged;1644887 said:

My engine is over 1000. ;) (no burn here) Admittedly, only for brief spurts - 9 seconds or 10 seconds at a time on a track, or a bit more on a dyno - you really can't consistently use that much power without getting tossed in jail. So, this isn't proof positive that the OEM bearings will take the load for any significant length of time, however it is a good indicator, and every mile of torture I put the engine through makes them shine a little bit more. Furthermore, while I'm working on proving the OEM units are ok for this level of power, I've not seen anyone put them to the test and have them *fail* at any power level. I'd be happy to see some evidence that they won't hold up - and that the failure was due to the bearing material, not lubrication.

I haven't posted anything about the auto swap, manual swap again or last dyno either. ;)

Duane

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
upgradedsupra;1644892 said:
My engine is over 1000. ;) (no burn here) Admittedly, only for brief spurts - 9 seconds or 10 seconds at a time on a track, or a bit more on a dyno - you really can't consistently use that much power without getting tossed in jail. So, this isn't proof positive that the OEM bearings will take the load for any significant length of time, however it is a good indicator, and every mile of torture I put the engine through makes them shine a little bit more. Furthermore, while I'm working on proving the OEM units are ok for this level of power, I've not seen anyone put them to the test and have them *fail* at any power level. I'd be happy to see some evidence that they won't hold up - and that the failure was due to the bearing material, not lubrication.

I haven't posted anything about the auto swap, manual swap again or last dyno either. ;)

Duane

I will retract my statement when you post a dyno sheet of over 1000 WHP. :)

staehlin180

Mar 5, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Titan said that their bearings are ACLs, but they are coated so that they are more comparable to the ACL Race bearings. I called them and that's what they said.