7M bearing choices

Stanmk3

Jul 2, 2007
Norway
Has anyone had any experience with the Titan rod and mains?

I went Clevites last,but want the best this time as im aiming higher.Just wondering if the Titans really works as well as they cost compared to the Clevites

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
ACL Race Bearings do pretty good. Havent heard anything bad about them. I believe Titans bearings are clevites. They just use the titan brand to sell more of them. Same thing with titan hg, all it is is a cometic hg. ;)

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Stanmk3;1613915 said:
Has anyone had any experience with the Titan rod and mains?

I went Clevites last,but want the best this time as im aiming higher.Just wondering if the Titans really works as well as they cost compared to the Clevites

Clevites tri metals are some of the best you can get for the 7m, along with federal Mogul form Oreillys. There arent that many high performance Race bearing manufactures for the 7m. And NOOOO ACL DOES NOT MAKE Race Bearing for the 7m just for the 2jz and many others. I wish they could since they have good coatings on em. Many people have gone 500 + rwhp with stock toyota bearing. I would keep the Clevite tri metals or use the Federal Mogul from Oreillys. My fiend Ralph uses the Federal Mogul bearings on his 11 sec supra and never had problems with them.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
airhead04;1613946 said:
ACL Race Bearings do pretty good. Havent heard anything bad about them. I believe Titans bearings are clevites. They just use the titan brand to sell more of them. Same thing with titan hg, all it is is a cometic hg. ;)
ACL don't do "Race Series" for the 7M.

wardog;1614060 said:
Clevites tri metals are some of the best you can get for the 7m, along with federal Mogul form Oreillys. There arent that many high performance Race bearing manufactures for the 7m. And NOOOO ACL DOES NOT MAKE Race Bearing for the 7m just for the 2jz and many others. I wish they could since they have good coatings on em. Many people have gone 500 + rwhp with stock toyota bearing. I would keep the Clevite tri metals or use the Federal Mogul from Oreillys. My fiend Ralph uses the Federal Mogul bearings on his 11 sec supra and never had problems with them.
Clevite no longer do thier own bearings for the M engines they're reboxing other brands so it's a lucky dip what is actually in the Clevite box.

I used FedMoguls a few years back and had good results.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
acl makes barreies for the 7n just not there race series i might go wiht acl this time around

never really herd of fedmoguls thou there mr ian

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
as mentiond befor cevit is hit or miss

so far i likeing acl standered in less some has something bad about them

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
I used to use ACL and they dont stand much power, they start wearing out / shreading its metal quick. You can t go wrong with federal Mogul bearing because they arent REBOXED like some clevites. Now the Sealed Power bearings that Autozone sells are Federal Moguls. I personally seen a set at a local AZ . So if you can find some NOS Clevites go with them if not Federal Moguls would be good too. Well good luck with your choice :beer:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
wardog;1614177 said:
I used to use ACL and they dont stand much power, they start wearing out / shreading its metal quick. You can t go wrong with federal Mogul bearing because they arent REBOXED like some clevites. Now the Sealed Power bearings that Autozone sells are Federal Moguls. I personally seen a set at a local AZ . So if you can find some NOS Clevites go with them if not Federal Moguls would be good too. Well good luck with your choice :beer:

Haven't been able to buy genuine Clevite 77's for about 5 years now, someone might be sitting on some NoS but I doubt it.

Pity as they have some unique tech that makes them very desirable but a little finicky to fit correctly

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i herd this from a bunch of honda engine buildersnow i know why cause half there shit will never pass 400 any way
IJ.;1614166 said:
The shop that does my Crank work told me NOT to use the ACL standards over 400rwhp.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
NDC bearings in the clevite box 95% of the time in STD and -.25mm. Once you get into the -.50 and -.75 then you start to see the federals and acl bearings in the clevite box.

NDC/Clevite are the only bearings proven to hold up in a 7m for over 1k HP. I still have some New in the box original NOS Clevite 7m bearings in my collection. Not for sale so don't ask!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
suprarich;1614273 said:
NDC bearings in the clevite box 95% of the time in STD and -.25mm. Once you get into the -.50 and -.75 then you start to see the federals and acl bearings in the clevite box.

NDC/Clevite are the only bearings proven to hold up in a 7m for over 1k HP. I still have some New in the box original NOS Clevite 7m bearings in my collection. Not for sale so don't ask!
Evil or a tease not sure which ;)