7m-->AE86

GeneStarWindGSW

Been To The Other Side...
Mar 25, 2007
No Man's Land
www.bidmingle.com
my friend is considering swapping my 7m into his AE86. Not really sure on what kind of custom work that needs to be done, but if anyone can point me into a good direction of to anyone who might know, i'd appreciate it :icon_razz

1988SupraDreams

Mar 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Motor mounts, Wire harness (have fun with this one), Tranny tunnel, Driveshaft, Fuel pump, Shifter, Gauges, Low profile electric fans, Oil cooler, Intercooler, Stiffer front suspension (Heavier engine), A friendly smog shop ;).

1988SupraDreams

Mar 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
GeneStarWindGSW;980893 said:
yea i've seen a 7m-gte into a AE86, i was just wondering what would be needed so if my friend buys my motor we know where to start =P.

Do either of you have much experience with reading wiring diagrams and hacking up wiring harnesses? Does he care if his gauges work? Or, an idea that I hadn't previously thought of, you could run an entire supra body harness so that most of the sensors, the fuse blocks, and the diag block will work. Even with that you would still have to get a new tach since you're going from 4 to 6 cyl.

What tranny would he want to use? Can either of you weld? How deep are his pockets because, ultimately, most of the fab work is either gonna cost you a lot of money, or you need to know what you're doing. Like my prior list says, that pretty much covers it.

GeneStarWindGSW

Mar 25, 2007
No Man's Land
www.bidmingle.com
1988SupraDreams;981091 said:
Do either of you have much experience with reading wiring diagrams and hacking up wiring harnesses? Does he care if his gauges work? Or, an idea that I hadn't previously thought of, you could run an entire supra body harness so that most of the sensors, the fuse blocks, and the diag block will work. Even with that you would still have to get a new tach since you're going from 4 to 6 cyl.

What tranny would he want to use? Can either of you weld? How deep are his pockets because, ultimately, most of the fab work is either gonna cost you a lot of money, or you need to know what you're doing. Like my prior list says, that pretty much covers it.

wiring won't be an issue. He's a welder and he can custom fab up his own stuff. Just the other small technicalities is what we are trying to get through.

BJ91T

Aug 28, 2006
Baton Rouge LA
It can be done not too hard send superfreestyle here on the mania a pm he is a ae86 guru. However I dont reccomend throwing off the balance of the car like that.

BJ

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
it'll be front heave SOOOOO bad... those AE86 motors are SOOOOOOOO tiny... you could probably pick one up with just the valve covers to oil pan... haha.

but, you'll be a fassssst ass ae86. might be a good drifter too.

GeneStarWindGSW

Mar 25, 2007
No Man's Land
www.bidmingle.com
foreverpsycotic;981601 said:
PM drTweak, I think he can make you a harness for the 7m-gte > ae86.

i know he can =). He does does PNP harnesses for pretty cheap too.
i talked to him wayy back even before he got on Supramania about swaps and stuff. I was like the one to tell em to come here =P