7m a340e (auto tranny) compatible with a 2jz swap?

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
Hello. My 7m build fell on its face...and I'm looking to go a different route...1j or 2jz. Leaning to 2jz.

Since I have an artificial left leg, a r154 wont work for me. I have a built a340e rated for 700whp from my 7m. Ideally, I would continue to use this transmission since I have a ton of money invested in it.

The question is: Does anyone know if an a340e auto tranny is usable with a 1jz or 2jz swapped motor in a mk3 supra?

If yes, I would guess that the rear end would still work fine?

Thanks in advance.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
What about the kick down cable, we would have to set that up, right Ian or no?

It would be bad at all, if you can separate the bellhousing, you could change out the front and put a JZ bolt pattern on the front.

My fabricator did this for an Eclipse to use a Evo drivetrain setup. A really crazy crazy setup.

Getting the torque converter to mate up would involve maybe a custom flex plate or maybe the JZ flexplate could work if the converter is the same in the 1JZ auto tranny.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
It's NOT a kickdown cable... :nono:

It's for line pressure and yes it would need to be set up but it's not all that difficult to do, Yes the Jz Bellhousing bolts to the 7M trans, Yes the TC will bolt to a Jz Bellhousing but as I said you have to use the 7M TC as the input splines are different to a Jz TC.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
IJ.;1766400 said:

It's for line pressure and yes it would need to be set up but it's not all that difficult to do, Yes the Jz Bellhousing bolts to the 7M trans, Yes the TC will bolt to a Jz Bellhousing but as I said you have to use the 7M TC as the input splines are different to a Jz TC.

Thanks for the correction!

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
IJ.;1766400 said:

IJ can you clear something up for me?

Basically I'm taking out my 7mge and putting in a 2jzge into it. Gonna run my 7m auto.

I took the stock 7m flex plate, machined the jz bolt pattern into it. And I have a 2jz auto bell housing that was laying around. So now I have a 7m flexplate, with 7m TC, and gonna adapt it all up.

My question is, I'm running the 2jz harness and ecu, and my roomate said something about how the
2jz ecu controls the 2jz electronic auto tranny when to shift. But since i don't have the 2jz auto and the 7m auto uses the tac signal and is manual?

Will the tranny still shift and all? What would I have to do?

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
So this has been answered but if somebody could break it down for me. So can I use my A340E trans that came in my MA70 with my 1JZ-GTE? The only thing I have to do is swap the bellhousing (which bolts right up?) from the auto that came with the 1J? The shop called me today and was asking and I just want to confirm what I told them is true as I'm not very transmission-litterate

Thanks