$75 85 corolla GTS vs 2005 scion XB

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
Here is the setup:

Bone stock 85 corolla GTS, 186000 miles, original everything(but the diff)
Has 83 corolla 4 door rear end under it, open diff, high gears.
Paid $75 dollars for the car. Sitting for three years not running. New plugs, fresh gas, fresh oil. Clutch is slipping on all shifts and in 4th and 5th gears.

2005 Scion XB, sticky tires, cold air intake, high flow cats, short shifter, lightened flywheel, underdrive pulleys, 14 lb wheels, solid motor mounts, cat back exhaust, 18000 miles. It is a 5 speed.

From a roll, I pull on him hard from 20 mph to 95 mph.

So he wants to race from a stop. I run him again from a standing start. He beats me off the line by two car lengths(due to my temp open diff), and when I shift into second and feather the gas to keep the clutch from slipping, I pass him. Pull about 10 cars on him to 100 mph.

Then I ask him if he wants to race my supra ;)

Lesson learned.... Old school toyota GE and GTE engines rock!!! The new ones suck :) The scion has a similar weight and just .1 liter of displacement difference in engine size between the two cars.

I love my 75 dollar AE86 :)

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
TAKE that u new toyota owners that think the scions are the new sports cars. Eat some old school dust bitches.

JBatt87T

Apr 28, 2005
Athens, GA
Good for you but that sucks ass for him.

As you pass him he says to the passenger
"you know he only spent $75 for that?"
"Damn, that sucks man"
"yeaaaahhhhhh"

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
We put a new clutch in(cake walk compared to doing a supra one!), new water pump on it. Intake adapter with a K&N, AFM mod, 100 octane gas, 2.25 inch straight exhaust to the back with an import muffler we had laying around..... Advanced the timing to 16 degrees BTDC....

We have set up a race between it and a 94 civic hatch with a stock ZC swap....should be interesting.