727 Chrysler Transmission

DL.

Fast
Sep 12, 2005
SE Wisconsin
I have been working on my trans swap to a 727 Chrysler auto. I usually do things my own way, and this is no exception. I am also a big mopar fan, and have studied and built quite a few 727 transmissions, so it was natural to want to use this trans to me.
Ratios for a 727 stock are first 2.45,second 1.45, and third 1.0

custom 3500 stall converter
lots of goodies inside the trans, billet steel front drum, billet servo, relocated vent. CSI trans shield, B&M shifter
I made the 1/2" adapter plate myself.

I have to finish assembling the trans and then will be ready to install it.

Attachments

• trans stuff 025..jpg
    trans stuff 025..jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 13
  • trans stuff 029..jpg
    trans stuff 029..jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 5
  • trans stuff 030..jpg
    trans stuff 030..jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 5
  • trans stuff 031..jpg
    trans stuff 031..jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 5
  • trans stuff 032..jpg
    trans stuff 032..jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 8

DL.

Fast
Sep 12, 2005
SE Wisconsin
Trans has been in the car for awhile now and is working well. MS3/MS3X LS2 coils done. JB Perf. logging 6 egts plus 7th egt post turbo.

Last edited:

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Look at his mod list, the stock A340 wouldn't hold half what that turbo can make. He opted to go for an American auto over building a stocker. Not uncommon at all... But using a 727 is.

How do you like the Megasquirt? Planning on building one for my car this winter, and possibly a few more for friends if it works out well.

DL.

Fast
Sep 12, 2005
SE Wisconsin
Kai;1766998 said:
Just a question but....why? I mean...you've lost a gear, and computer control. Does the 727 even have lockup torque converter? :/

Actually, I lost 2 gears...lol Manual I was tired of the on/off RPS. I am more of a launch and drag race fan, and don't really drive my car far so it just works well for me. The reaction I get from people is kinda funny too.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Quin;1767101 said:
Look at his mod list, the stock A340 wouldn't hold half what that turbo can make. He opted to go for an American auto over building a stocker. Not uncommon at all... But using a 727 is.

How do you like the Megasquirt? Planning on building one for my car this winter, and possibly a few more for friends if it works out well.

Well put, Thank You!

I love the MS3/MS3X Tons of features for the money! However, it takes alot of time to really "get" it all! If one was to buy it fully done with the wire harnesses and all the extras, it's starting to encroach into the regular stand alone cost. If I weren't able to build it myself, I probably would have went a different route. Having said that, Tuner Studio is great. The car runs very well on it considering I have very limited tuning time on my car.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Good deal. I'm excited to try it out. I'll be building it myself as well. My harness is in pretty good shape, so I'm considering making a jumper harness or building one from scratch. Which route did you go? What options did you build into the MS?