700whp 1.5JZ @ 25psi

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
umm... you guys need to look at some dyno sheets.. Hell a 60-1 ct doesn't hit till 3500 and can only rev to like 6500 before the revlimiter.. thats 3k.. so yea..

Erkenz

Apr 25, 2006
Michigan
I just read this entire thread. And all I have to say is "What the hell?" Go to SF and look at the 1/4 mile time for 1jz's with stock twins. Some are in the 12's in a full weighted car. I'm getting a WB tomorrow and going to Martin dragway next friday for test and tune. I'll come back here and post my best time.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
OneJoeZee said:
Not the point.

1 or 2 experiences doesn't mean you can generalize a whole group.

:withstupi I have had to engines and both are great. Like Zazzn stated, if you wanted power "out of the box" a 2J is great. Got some money? 7M is right next to it. 1J is ok but wouldn't be my personal choice (obviously)

Duane

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
dont you mean hit as in full boost? I could care less as long as its in the positives by 3k. We mean START spooling in the positives in a 3k range. At least thats all im saying. Big turbos with lots of lag hit sooo hard that all you do is spin in the first few gears, thats all i have a problem with.
tissimo said:
umm... you guys need to look at some dyno sheets.. Hell a 60-1 ct doesn't hit till 3500 and can only rev to like 6500 before the revlimiter.. thats 3k.. so yea..

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
i've seen PLENTY of big turbo car get positive boost in 3K hell i can push 3 psi with my mouth, it doesn't take much. Lag is over rated....

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
you never done that with your boost gauge? but the tube in your mouth and blow in it to make sure a gauge you're buying works?

wow i figure'd it was something anyone would do before just giving money to some random guy and driving off with the item :dunno:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
The Reaper said:
you never done that with your boost gauge? but the tube in your mouth and blow in it to make sure a gauge you're buying works?

wow i figure'd it was something anyone would do before just giving money to some random guy and driving off with the item :dunno:

No, I've never tried to blow through a gauge to see if it works. I don't buy from just any 'some random guy.'

I have an electric gauge anyway.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
The Reaper said:
hell i can push 3 psi with my mouth

I can hear the jokes already :biglaugh:

p622813_1.jpg

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
Ric said:
IDK about you, but i'd rather thave 4000rpms of power(1jz) compared to 3000rpms of the same power (2jz).

If you ever watch street racing, if a 1jzgte and 2jzgte cars of of equal whp, the 1jz will win every time.. My friend shane in his 650whp 2JZGTE supra (11.1 1/4) only beat a 1JZ 60mm car by 2 lenghts in a long distance highway race. The 1JZ car was a good 100 less whp. So why so close a race? The damn 1jz is like a fucking rotary lol.. never stops

Ric, dude, honestly pull your head out of your ar$e. Let me poke some holes though the shiet you just spit.

So you are telling me that the car with the 1jz won over the 2jz because of the engine? I think you need to get out and street race some more because you haven't a clue what you are talking about. (tires, auto, driver, ect)

Lets rewind here... a 2jz-gte will have a 67MM turbo spinning at full boost at least 400-500 RPM faster then a 1jz. 2jz redline is 6700 1jz 7200, so I don't see a 1000 RPM trend here, what I do see is 500 RPM less in first gear to get boost and about 10-20 MPH less. Now if we are talking about raising a rev limit... 2jz are KNOWN to handle 7500 on STOCK everything while a 1jz are KNOWN for 8000. Until there are MORE 1jz at the claimed 8500-9000 on then pucker up.

Back to the 67, post a dyno of a 67 @ 18 psi on a dyno jet with same mods as 2jz 67 @ 18 PSI and expain how a 1jz is better when a 2jz will have at least 40-50 HP more.

Again no one is saying it's a shitty engine, it's almost the same as the 2jz. I have it completely apart in my garage and I have my 2jz apart as well. MOST of the parts are interchangeable or will work if not identical. LESS displacement is NOT better.

Last edited: