6x9s In my doors

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Just thought id post this pic, its not the best custom job. However it does what i wanted, get the 6x9s into the doors. The trim pieces are missing, the window switchs are hidden below the arm rest.

Attachments

• suprdoor.jpg
    suprdoor.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 153

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
annoyingrob said:
That's cool.

but how do you close the door? :)

i just grab the handle that opens the door(or the inseart around the handle). havent had any problems doing that. who needs a huge handle just to close the door lol

I took a different route... instead, I used an old map pocket, cut out a bit of it, some material, fiberglass, bondo, wood and primer and I get this for a 6.5 on the door...
Testing shape
p556509_1.jpg

Almost finished, The wooden inserts where the old speaker grill used to be are painted anodized red to match the color of the console... all I need to do is wire things up and put some grey material / carpet / vinyl over the primer... and of course, remove all that painter green tape :icon_bigg

p556509_2.jpg

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
Syris said:
I prefer the stock look on the doors, but TheLoneRider that is one route, I would think about trying out on mine nice work

that's crazy work:aigo:
when you could just get a 6.5" pod

Chris86.5

Oct 5, 2006
Leduc AB
OMG, nice work. your giving me ideas

STOP IT!! haha

actually i like the look of the door. im planning on doing custom door panels myself