6 speed conversion

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
SWEET ok so i know i can get me a 2jgte for like ~2000 give or take couple hundred.
1jz bellhousing is going to run me how much u all think?
and the r154 i can get for pretty cheap.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Orion ZyGarian said:
I think I've seen it for ~ $50 or so
BS!

You can get a flywheel from $300-$500 generally, and the bellhousing costs about the same.
..after that, you WILL need a clutch, because the stock R154 clutch will not hold a 2JZ's power for long. Hell, a TRD clutch for the R154 would probably slip quickly on a stock 2JZ, and if you can afford the 2JZ swap, it doesn't cost much more for BPU [another 100hp].

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
so IJ would u suggest that i bought a Tremec kit and see if it fit into the MKIII?
i mean it might be cheaper and easier.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
If you're using a 1 or 2JZ it's pretty well a bolt in and the boxes are used behind many high HP cars and seem to be damn strong!
(Just watched an episode of Rides where they put one behind a blown aluminium 427 Ford V8)

Guess it comes down to what your wallet can stand before it explodes in flames!

There are 2 suppliers here that offer kits not sure in the US though.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
well i'm making $12 an hour for this summer 40 hours a week + time 1/2 for over time. so ill rake in like 6500 without tax taken out. the way i see it ill have the cash and time for this swap im going to give myself a month for the parts build up and 2 for the swap. i've decided to also keep my NA an Na and buy an old 90 for like $200-300 cash plenty of them around here in White Bluff that people dont care for and they leave them in the garage. so just as long as it doesnt have bad dmg and minimal rust ill prolly get it, dont care for the paint till i have the swap done.
well back to work.

Andre

Feb 4, 2006
Netherlands
hmm i hope we wil understand each other because my english is very bad :icon_conf

I did a search but didi not find any info about this

I swap the getrag in my RSP Mk3

I Also have pics from the swap where you have te bang the tunnel to make the getrag fit

Butt i hear that someone sels stuffs here on supramania to make the speddometer in the dash to work

is thus true ???????????????????????????????

I have now an rsm to see how fast i am going butt i want to read in the dash how fast i am going

somebody info about this??

Regards

Andre

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The Getrag six speed is noticably shorter in first and second to make up for the lack of low end torque in the JZ series. You don't need it. Want a taller o/d, get a Tremec. I am sure after 2 pages this has been covered.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
holy 2 year old thread ressurrection batman!

i still dont think a getrag is worth it. the final drives in the mkiii are too fast - you'd have to shift too much.

Andre

Feb 4, 2006
Netherlands
You do not have to shift to fast iff you have the 3.2 final drive

there is also an 3.4 finals drive for the Mk3

Mk4 has also 3.2 final drive

BTW 3.73 is also no plroblem to drive with an getrag

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Andre said:
BTW 3.73 is also no plroblem to drive with an getrag

Of course not, you have a 1JZ based engine. I am sorry Joe, I can't help it, these things just come to me the instant I read them. :dunno: :biglaugh: