550cc PTE injectors from ebay ,II

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
Could not post in the old thread so...

I've received the Ebay's PTE injectors last week. Could not get them installed, because they were not fitting to the rail properly. Here is why:

Stock Injector ,d=10.42mm

d(Stock).jpg

Ebay's PTE Injector ,d=10.76mm

d(PTE).jpg

Fuel Rail d is in the 10.75 to 10.77 range ,could not get a precise measurment with this tool.

The point is that these injectors appear to be either NOT machined ,OR not machined enought.

I contacted PTE and they said that there should be no problems with fitment issues ,even if the clearance may seem tight. I belive that the OEM injectors are 0.3x mm smaller for a Reason ,not sure what but I'll proably get these machined before I install them.

Moral of the story is, go "Ebay-cheap" - and be prepared to suffer the consequences ;)

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
lintlars said:
HHMM mine fit fine I have both 720s and 550s they are snug but they do fit Im pretty sure"EBAY" does not make these injectors

EBay Guy just sells them of courz:). You can get them from reputable seller and they will be machined or you can get them from eBay on a "smoking deal" (like I did) and have phun time finding why the bolts would never reach the spacers...

BTW here is a link to the original threat:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30275&highlight=injectors

hammerhead

Sep 10, 2005
Belize
I got my 550cc PTE's from ebay, and they fit fine, though they were a bit tighter than the stock. With ebay you always take a gamble, i guess.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Nothing wrong with e-bay, brand new part is the same no matter where you buy it. This is old news, I have been told many times that there has been issues with the pte 550/ lucus/ precision injectors fitting into our fuel rail. Some of the runs, not all, just some, are too large. Never heard of this problem with the 680's, 720's 880's or 1000's or even the 1600's. But the 550's yes. Also, on the rc's 550's I have never heard of any issues.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
i have been selling pte injectors for a few years now. all of them have to be machined on the fuel rail end to fit.

for the guys that had no fitment problem, they were machined. for the guys that had problems, they were either not machined at all or not machined enough for our rail.

i still stand firm these injectors are the best ive used and every supra i have a hand in run them as well.

for what its worth, you can send them to precision to have them machined. not sure of pricing these days, i think around $10/inj.