5000$ single 1j what do you think?

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
Okay... here is the scoop, i went and looked at a 1990 1j today the deal is, the guy is a local engine importer who lived in japan for military, when he moved back he brought this engine with him as a personal pick, it has a full greddy single turbo kit on it, i do not know what turbo but it has all the piping, greddy Bov, 3 row intercooler etc. full exhaust.

the car itself is not as amazing it has 76,000 miles on it, the owner blew the motor and sold the targa top and spoiler, the dashboard has an Extremely large crack/split and the front seats are torn to shreds, also all weather stripping is gone. other than that interior is good, the left quater window is gone, and the paint is very faded but no cosmetic damage

right now the car is a complete nightmare the engine is sitting in the car with the motor mounts fitted, that is about it.... still needs the wiring done and everything else finished such as all coolant hoses etc. he said the lowest he would go is 5,000 because that is what he is into it and it will be worth 9 once fixed up with 1,000$ or so, i told him he was dreaming and i would give him 3500$ and it would probably take me 3,000 to get the car clean and respectable, but he still wants 5k

anyways what do you guys think? what would you pay? pics below.... in all honesty the car looks better in the shitty camera phone pics than it does in person.

p490258_1.jpg

p490258_2.jpg

p490258_3.jpg

p490258_4.jpg

p490258_5.jpg

p490258_6.jpg

p490258_7.jpg

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
Heck it's worth over 3k in 1j parts probably...

The body doesn't look too great, but it also doesn't really have any serious issues.

I think 4k would be a reasonable middle ground.

blackgamer16

Supra Driver
Apr 27, 2005
Sooner Country
I think it would be a good deal if it was running but not for a non running 1jz. You don't know how much cash your gonna have to fork up to get her running. Its all up to you, just be careful and if you are gonna do it. Jump into it a 100 percent and just get err done! lol

Blackgamer

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
yeah and i don't know how long it has been sitting there but it is awhile he said he started it in japan and it seemed strong which is why he picked it, but i just see it as a Very large money pit. i dunno. everything has a definate wear factor as well the intercooler/pipes pretty much have dirt embeded in them.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Brewster said:
i wouldn't pay more than 2500 for it as it sits.

That's about right, but I wouldn't pay more than $2000.00 for it. You can get a 1jz and put a single turbo on it for $5000.00 and have a better clue as to what you're buying. This thing could be locked up for all you know. Good luck either way though................lol

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
There's no way I'd pay $5000 for that car. Like said before, it's not running so it's not exactly like you could check out how the engine is running or anything. Like Jay said, it could be locked up, the guy could know about and just not be telling you.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
tough call without hearing it run.greddy turbo/turbo kit's are big coin,but then again condition?.that is definatly considered a part's car in my book.the guy could be hiding something,because it wouldn't take much to start.if he got it running,it would be an easier sell
hook up the fuel line
wire up the efi power(main fuse box)
15 pin grey plug under the dash

clifftrail

Jun 19, 2005
Abq
I agree with the others, that car is not worth that much. Make him an low offer and give him your phone number and walk away. When he realizes he's the only one that is going to pay that much and wants to unload it, he'll call you. GL.

dav_dman

old guy
Oct 23, 2005
louisville KY/so.IN metro area
your not gonna buy that without checking compression are you?

the car reflects the owner. The engine will also reflect the owner..and the car...assume it's junk until you test it and find otherwise. what's a 1j core worth?

that guy is in fantasyland.

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
i will sell you the turbo kit for 5000$ :)

but yeah its a tough call if i can get him for 3000 i will probably buy it, if the engine is bad he said he will give me a new one, he has about 10 1j's sitting in his warehouse and if any parts are broken right off the bat he will trade them out.

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
boostadikt said:
Okay... here is the scoop, i went and looked at a 1990 1j today the deal is, the guy is a local engine importer who lived in japan for military, when he moved back he brought this engine with him as a personal pick, it has a full greddy single turbo kit on it, i do not know what turbo but it has all the piping, greddy Bov, 3 row intercooler etc. full exhaust.

the car itself is not as amazing it has 76,000 miles on it, the owner blew the motor and sold the targa top and spoiler, the dashboard has an Extremely large crack/split and the front seats are torn to shreds, also all weather stripping is gone. other than that interior is good, the left quater window is gone, and the paint is very faded but no cosmetic damage

right now the car is a complete nightmare the engine is sitting in the car with the motor mounts fitted, that is about it.... still needs the wiring done and everything else finished such as all coolant hoses etc. he said the lowest he would go is 5,000 because that is what he is into it and it will be worth 9 once fixed up with 1,000$ or so, i told him he was dreaming and i would give him 3500$ and it would probably take me 3,000 to get the car clean and respectable, but he still wants 5k

anyways what do you guys think? what would you pay? pics below.... in all honesty the car looks better in the shitty camera phone pics than it does in person.

p490731_1.jpg

p490731_2.jpg

p490731_3.jpg

p490731_4.jpg

p490731_5.jpg

p490731_6.jpg

p490731_7.jpg
your gay

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
boostadikt said:
i will sell you the turbo kit for 5000$ :)

but yeah its a tough call if i can get him for 3000 i will probably buy it, if the engine is bad he said he will give me a new one, he has about 10 1j's sitting in his warehouse and if any parts are broken right off the bat he will trade them out.
if he is going to warranty the motor and part's,then it is worth the money

blackgamer16

Supra Driver
Apr 27, 2005
Sooner Country
tsuper92 said:
if he is going to warranty the motor and part's,then it is worth the money

If you are gonna go on that note. MAKE sure you got all this in writing and well documentated. Cover your *ss now or pay for it later.