450 hp set up ?

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
Ok so my 1 yr project of rebuilding the engine has turned into 3 haven't touched it since I got the block bored out to my .20 probe Pistons. Finding time has been tough but I have time now that other projects and repairs are done.

So I'm shooting for 450 rwhp

So far I have arp everything.
Probe forged Pistons
Shot peen rods
255 pump.
Exhaust, Intake.
Afpr.
Mhg
Drifmotion upgraded oil pump
Head work is done. Decked port polish valve job
Intercooler, hard pipes and all the other usual
Shit

And I know all the other stuff that need to be done/preventive maintenance. Whole rear subframe redone with solid bushing front and rear swaybars. New rear calipers and rotors. Cobra front brakes and rotors.New rack and pinion

Tranny is being redone/freshened up.

The only thing I'm uncertain of is what size injectors I think 550s will be maxed out. And what tuning to use because I'm right on the cusp of Maft pro or aem standalone.

And I will be going with sound performance bolt on turbo

So I I really need is what injectors and tuning to use

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
450 rwhp will be at or over the limit on the 550s. You are correct. If you haven't yet purchased the pistons have them done at 9.5:1 compression. It gets you more power on and off boost with faster spooling. Make sure the machine shop cc numbers for the chamber is sent if you don't have the pistons yet. You could also have the intake manifold cleaned up with Extrude Hone. They can even out distribution will increasing CFM some.

You don't need an adjustable pressure regulator with 550s and a Lex 1UZFE airflow meter.

What is redone/freshened? If the money is there, have IPT rebuild it with the redone valve body.

If you can dial in the MAFT-Pro then go for it. I say it that way because some here struggle with it, yet others have done great with it. I think the problems are user problems.

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
I'm just going with 750cc injectors. Pistons are bought. Probe Pistons. And I'm gunna go standalone one of the best aem tuners and very well know in New England for supras has his shop 10 min away. Just dropped the motor off and head off. tranny is getting a full rebuild.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
Zrain25;2052812 said:
What the probes ?
people do run them successfully but I've seen issues from their over sized valve cut outs where mild detonation cracks them. (way over simplifying that) If you spend a little more you can have a custom piston made for your specific application. It is more money but you also get stronger, lighter, machined to a higher tolerance piston that may even be reusable if something else in the engine fails.

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
I field those down like other have done. I'm not shooting for the moon here. There is guys on here pushing 550whp on them. One guy did melt his number 6 at 29 lbs of boost but he didn't file down the valve areas it was when the first came out.

I'm should be fine with them not goring for crazy boost number should have to with the sp turbo and 750s