44 years ago today

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
My parents were freshmen in highshcool that year, and hadn't met yet. I didn't come around until 1974. I'll have to watch it later because we're stepping out of the house right now. I will watch it though.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
44 years ago mankind was destined for far greater things. Oh how our dreams have atrophied.

Here's to you Neil. May visionaries like you and your kind grace us more than once every few generations.::salute::

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The biggest proof it wasn't faked is that the Russians would have been the first to call it as a fake.

Logic and reason escape these people (but I will say I do believe in many other "conspiracies")

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Personally, I think the biggest proof is that it would take a cast of thousands to fake it, and remember the rule... One person can keep a secret. Two people can keep a secret so long as one of them is dead. Three people cannot keep a secret, even if ALL of them are dead.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
jetjock;1953499 said:
I remember it well. How could anyone who experienced it not?

http://tinyurl.com/af3w2gv

Whoever designed that page is a truly brilliant designer.

jetjock;1953499 said:
And no, it wasn't faked because, ironically, the technology to fake it didn't exist back then. Hoping nobody here is one of the 6% of Americans, a number that defies belief, who thinks it was but nothing would surprise me.

Considering some of the other 'opinions' I've seen out of some people around here, it wouldn't' surprise me in the least to find we've got a couple...

GrimJack;1953550 said:
Only 6% think it was faked? Damn, that 6% is a bunch of loud fucks.

That is almost always true Dave. Think of every outrageous US policy, stereotype or piece of bad behavior, and that's usually about it, it's supported by a small, but very vocal constituency.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
I always use the: "yea don't tell Russia, those guys are really committed to the lie"

SPACE FTW! 75% of my books are space....why people want to argue down here is baffling to me.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Thanks JJ, that is very cool. I like those things and have visited the Air and Space Museum each time I put on the shit waders and go to DC.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Nick M;1969134 said:
Thanks JJ, that is very cool. I like those things and have visited the Air and Space Museum each time I put on the shit waders and go to DC.

If you ever end up down in Alabama you can go to the Space and Rocket center here in Huntsville. They just built a new building there with an original Saturn V rocket suspended form the ceiling in its separate stages. Its pretty cool to see it and realize how large it was.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
We've got a similar museum here in Hampton near Langley AFB, some amazing stuff they have - lots of inside cuts of equipment and vehicles used. Iirc they just launched a mission from this area (Va) back in late August. I missed the launch though, was busy inside with work.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Nick M;1969134 said:

Welcome Nick. I often tell people as long as they can put aside the idiocy going on there DC is actually a great place to visit for many reasons. Every American should go at least once. Also, RIP to Scott Carpenter, who passed away the day you posted...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
jetjock;1971110 said:
I often tell people as long as they can put aside the idiocy going on there DC is actually a great place to visit for many reasons. Every American should go at least once.
Lifelong friend of mine keeps trying to convince the lot of us to fly out and visit sometime. It's harder as an adult, to coordinate such trips with friends, with all the things that constitute a modern life, but I'd really like to make it out there sometime. It might just be the missus and I, but we'll make it out there someday.

Will have to check out the link later, need to get ready for tomorrow. I will say this much on the subject though, I miss our country's sense of exploration. Not much to see and/or find in countries already occupied by other people. :nono:

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
can i be the guy to think it's fake? :)
we also "didn't have the technology" to pull off Project Azorian but we sorta managed to ;)
and kept it a secret for nearly 44 years