350z vs 89 supra turbo

89turbotoy

2 89 supras 2jzgte/single
Jul 30, 2006
cincinnati
ok so this guy at work just bought a 350z convertable and i have been trying to get him to race since he bought it but the weather has been too bad. anyway today i get him to agree to race me after work but only if i bet $100. so isay ok with no intention of actually keeping his money. so we go from a 60mph roll and i put 1 car on him before the end of 3rd and many many more in fourth. so we stop and exchange money and i give him his money back and tell him it was fun. he tells me to keep his cash and let's go double or nothin. after 20 min of me telling him it's not worth it he finally pisses me off enough to race again only this time i'm keeping his money when it is over. so we run again and the same result only he stays on it longer but still loses by at least 9 cars. we get back to the parking lot and he wants to race again! i tell him no it is pointless but he tells me to wait where i am and leaves. he comes back with $400 and wants to race again! what a glutten for punishment! but instead of taking his money i leave.

my mods: 3inch elbow back w/gutted cat, stock hg w/ bolts tourqed, cool eeze intake w/ k&n, ct-26 50 trim turbo @ 12psi, custom 2 1/4 intercooler piping. gen 1 dsm bov, a/c removed.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
a fool and his money are soon parted................you should have taken the money, but only because if you dont get it, someone else will..............lol

good kill

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
I raced my brothers RHD 1J Supra with an exhaust and DP and I raped one of those and it too was a vert. LOL

Good kill and nice on taking the money :D

Duane

350znal

Dec 1, 2006
Anniston, Al.
The verts are real heavy.

Was it an auto? if so you are looking at a car barely faster than a stock mk3 turbo.

The six speed coupes are alot better.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
a stock 350z is a 100 mph car.. nothing special.. a vert even slower.. i guess he thought he had something? lol..

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
sounds like he was trying to see how far you would push your car and hoping it would blow up so he could get his money back???? just my opinion.

89turbotoy

2 89 supras 2jzgte/single
Jul 30, 2006
cincinnati
Godspeed said:
sounds like he was trying to see how far you would push your car and hoping it would blow up so he could get his money back???? just my opinion.
that is what i thought!

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Hell from the way it sounds, you should have short shifted the hell out of it after the first race to make him think he's doing better and then get more money off of him ;).

AlexSmith

Argue this!
Feb 16, 2007
DFW Texas
Yeah that $400 could have gone towards some nice mods:) Nice kill though. I work with a guy that has the 300hp 350Z and I would love to race him. But as it is now, I would lose due to my setup.