350z gets pooped on

T34418L3ONE

Supra for brains.....
Jul 3, 2005
Pleasanton
I was driving home from the local chevron which has good prices 2.51 for premium (was paying 3.33 about 2 months ago), anyway i see this silver 350z with exhaust and some wheels. I think i can take him (hks intake and catback exhaust 13psi) so i try to rev next to him at a light. He doesnt take bite so i let him get ahead then rip by him doing about 50 in a 45. I slow because it seems as if he wasnt gonna take chase, then i look in the rear view and see him romp on it trying to pass me. Right as he passes i down shift from 3rd to 2nd, catch up to him in 2nd, shift to third at about 5500rpm then pass him in 3rd gear. The race was around a bend and i cut him off after i passed him (not a dick move, i was about to hit a bus). We both came up again at the next light and he revved his motor to get my attention then gave me the thumbs up. I did the same and gave him a little smoke show at the light. I felt accomplished because he paid like 32k+ for his car, and i paid 2k. Hehehe, o yea and my targa doesnt match my body and im still on saw blades, so sleeper status. It was my first worthwhile kill.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Good kill bro! So many people don't take the MkIII's serious,:icon_mad: that is, till you hand them their asses!:icon_razz I was pumped up after my first 350Z kill too, now that I've done up a couple, I'm looking around for more sizable opponents!:biglaugh:There is one more that I need to lay the smackdown on when I get my car back on the street. He's a guy that used to work at our local Tuner shop. He's rollin' on 20" I-Forge Aero's, with about 4" of lip on the rears!:aigo: He also is rockin' the latest Greddy exhaust and has an SAFC-II for tuning. Can't wait to see his face when my tails blink that "You Lose" code to him!:naughty: :biglaugh:

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
Nice kill if its true?

a stock 350 puts down 240wheel HP area, and weights in around 3400-3500.

a stock mk3 tubo puts 180-190 (if in mint condition... and you paid 2k for yours so im asuming its not, so id say you have 170whp but im gonna give you the bennafit of the doubt) to the wheels, and weighs more,

Your mods dont add up to the 50-60 (maybe even 70+) Then whatever more hp is needed to kill the 200-400 less pounds he is. +++ you said he got the jump first and passed you meaning you had to reel him in.

im not automaticly saying you didnt beat him.. just it doesnt add up sorry X_X. Ive driven both.. mk3 turbo with more mods and many stock 350z's and I know 350's are not fast really at all lol... but neither are nearly stock supras.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
well his 180 ish base + the intake exhaust add to about 220 210 ish to the wheels, from 6 - 13 psi thats like the 260-270 hp range tops.

its very possible. close, but possible.

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
americanjebus said:
well his 180 ish base + the intake exhaust add to about 220 210 ish to the wheels, from 6 - 13 psi thats like the 260-270 hp range tops.

its very possible. close, but possible.

so a catback and a K&N is gonna add 30 Wheel Hp? Maybe with a BIC DP and full exaust back.

I dono you maybe right because im out of the loop on supras, been awile lol...

T34418L3ONE

Supra for brains.....
Jul 3, 2005
Pleasanton
also forgot to say my rear interior is gutted, no spare or jack, (AAA card) and its an 87 (lightest year). Jeeze, my homie wasnt kidding about forum haters.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
its not that we are haters, but sometimes we like to pick out the ones that will put up a good fight to spill the truth, in your case your prolly telling the truth, come on shag it wasnt a freakin neon that race a 600hp vr4, remember that.

T34418L3ONE

Supra for brains.....
Jul 3, 2005
Pleasanton
yea, i just didnt know i had to describe every variable to the community just for someone not to disbelive me. Like i dont know if it was an auto or 5spd, which could have very well made a diff. in the "race". Also it was around a bend the entire race, i do have upgraded springs, struts, tower bars and sway bars, so have a little faith in your fellow mk3 owners.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
ShagsSupra said:
so a catback and a K&N is gonna add 30 Wheel Hp? Maybe with a BIC DP and full exaust back.

I dono you maybe right because im out of the loop on supras, been awile lol...

umm i did it, all i have is STOCK EXHAUST just gutted cat after dp, and intake, really thats all i did and those are the numbers i made. probably a couple more once i fix the little valve clearances and do another tune up to every single aspect of my engine bay and redo ground wires.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
The race was around a bend and i cut him off after i passed him (not a dick move, i was about to hit a bus
I guess congrats on your kill,but about to hit a bus? Sure it's not a DICK move?

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
Yeah around a bend and you dont have the jack or spare tire in or rear seats and a suspension setup wooo!!!

Good thing you cut him off and didnt let him pass you! lol

im sorry ima ass but seriously cutting somone off exspecialy around a "bend" isnt the best thing to do... what if his vtec kicked in right as you pulled infront of him? he would of ran right into you.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
ShagsSupra said:
im sorry ima ass but seriously cutting somone off exspecialy around a "bend" isnt the best thing to do... what if his vtec kicked in right as you pulled infront of him? he would of ran right into you.

Since when do Nissan's have Vtek? :dunno:

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
not exactly vtec, but doesnt nissan have a variable valve timing system "like" the vtec, everyone is coming out with it but under different names, vvti, etc, etc.

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
Loki said:
Since when do Nissan's have Vtek? :dunno:

you know... maybe he had a b16 or b18 in that thing.. hell maybe even a hemi lol.

VVTI is Toyota :) Nissan has 1 aswell just forget what it is called.. every new car has that crap but honda is the only 1 who makes a big deal aobut it.

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
That's why i didn't post about my supra vs a mach 1 cuz nobody is going to believe that I jumped on him off the line twice. The guy didn't know how to take off but he passed me when I was in 3rd gear and i hit fuel cut. The second time I put 1/2 car on him.

T34418L3ONE

Supra for brains.....
Jul 3, 2005
Pleasanton
bah, not worth posting kills anymore. And by the way, he had another lane to get into when i moved into his, and if your aggressively racing on the street expect some daring manuvers, i mean i did put my blinker on. (he didnt believe me at first)

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Brewster said:
It's not that hard to believe a lightly modded Supra beat a stock 350z, they aren't that fast..
I ran neck and neck with an 05 350z 6spd last year. I was on stock boost with all the mods i have now just on stock boost. Its not hard to believe that a MKIII on 13psi beat one.

SidewayzSupra

Mar 30, 2005
Puyallup
I have an eye witness/proof I beat one and passed up a mk3 at the same time, they were both racing (mk3 was a buddy of mine). I 'm only running 10-11psi. on a stock jdm turbo. 350z aren't nearly as fast as they look or sound. Cut some slack unless you've actualy raced one. I haven't heard of anyone loosing to one. Later-T