305.9 RWHP/318TQ 1J BPU ( Dyno vid )

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
Hey all , I finally made the 7hr trip to the dyno and just made it in time so I had to run her hot . Might have done a little better if I had a chance to cool first .. It wasn't running hot on the guage just a hot day in general and 7hrs of it might have taken something away . When the sun goes down I hit 17.9 at 50* F or colder , I only hit 16 on the dyno in the heat .. Oh well it was fun anyway :icon_bigg STock ecu , stock twins, stock injectors . 2J cams and 440's are waitng I just wanted to have a baseline to start tuning from . Can't wait to get back next year !!

COmments or suggestions for upgrades ...and don't say buy a MKIII !! LOL i'll get there eventually...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p763627_2.jpg

Last edited:

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
supramike7m said:
i say dont buy an mkiii. damn thats gotta be a 12 sec car you got there. 305 rwhp and 2900 lbs? damn bro. its all stock then, just intake, exhuast?

A little reading never hurt anyone ;)

82 MKII (1j swap complete)
R154/Spec Stage3+/Raptor 3" ss Exhaust/ ZW y pipe down pipe/ 14815 Magnaflow / Godspeed 24x12x3.5" IC/ 2.5 piping/ Apexi Bov/Intake/ Greddy Profec B spec II / Bosch 984 pump/stock twins/ Stock ECU /2j TPS/2J pcv/ 2J WP/( 2J cams & 440's not installed yet) HKS/defi guages /Flexalite fans/ SS brake /clutch lines/KYB's/custom DS/ etc etc

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
supramike7m said:
i say dont buy an mkiii. damn thats gotta be a 12 sec car you got there. 305 rwhp and 2900 lbs? damn bro. its all stock then, just intake, exhuast?

Thanks and yes pretty much whats listed below is whats done right now . It is a blast to drive and scares the local mustang dweebs back to the stable in a hurry .

Which leads me to a question ..... I've been told that the Dyno Dynamics dyno reads 13% lower than Dyno Jet . Which is correct ?? no easy answer I guess . I do like the thought of 345HP / 359TQ being accurate but maybe you guys can shed some light on which dyno is closer to the truth ??

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
I did some reading and everyone seems to agree that Dyno Dynamics give lower readings but they also agree it's just a tool for tuning so as long as I use the same dyno, it really doesn't matter . Sounds good to me as long as shes running good. The numbers will vary from operator to dyno so it's an idea of where the car is in terms of power, the a.f was my biggest concern and thats where I should be trying to improve . More fun in the garage this winter :icon_bigg

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Yotaholic said:
Which leads me to a question ..... I've been told that the Dyno Dynamics dyno reads 13% lower than Dyno Jet . Which is correct ?? no easy answer I guess . I do like the thought of 345HP / 359TQ being accurate but maybe you guys can shed some light on which dyno is closer to the truth ??

The amount varies between dynos but yes, Dyno Jets do have inflated numbers.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42357

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
Thanks guys it's a better starting point than I expected for an untuned setup . Some of you guys have such a clean graph with a perfect a/f . Thats something I need to work on . The power is a bonus , a reliable engine that makes power is my goal . Another busy winter comming up . :icon_bigg

2nd run for ya

Last edited:

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
great numbers man and great looking car love mk2's specailly fast ones!

as annoying rob said cams will give you some extra go fast ;)

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
Zazzn .. Thanks very much , I appreciate any advise you can offer . This is no 22r or 5m so I have a lot to learn .

Nopaint..... I haven't done one in a MKIII yet , but I would think it's probably a bit more of a PITA as the tranny tunnel had to be molested , engine mounts , driveshaft , IC ,rear sump to front sump oil pans it's all different so it takes time and patiance to get it all worked out . ANd a lot of beer :icon_bigg

Aaron ...Thanks and I think it's about time I placed an order with Driftmotion. I need a few things for the winter upgrades so i'll be in touch soon . I must be doing something right but your advise could make it better . Cheers for doing what you do !!!

p768042_1.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You are Da Man!!!!!!!!! That is one beautiful car. I had an 83 that looked identical except I didn't know what a 1jz was back then. I love everything about it, especially the sleeper sneak up on a GT look.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Yotaholic said:
Zazzn .. Thanks very much , I appreciate any advise you can offer . This is no 22r or 5m so I have a lot to learn .
Haha. Here's my infinite knowledge about trying to make power on my 22R: You can't.

So you need a front sump, custom motor mounts, custom driveshaft, and a little hammering to fit the R154 in? I thought the R154 fit in relatively easy onto the MKII.

Damn you. I'm in the market for a MA61 right now, and now I want to do a 1JZ swap.