3000 GT ignitor wiring for a standalone

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
i was able to lean out my map in vacuum a lot. had to lean out in boost too but have not have time or road to tune boost. Sequential injection is soooo much better than batch (crap) fire.

the avalon ignitor i used also makes timing much better. i accidently cut the power wire to #6 inj and thought i wired in the ignitor wrong and had a miss. checked that for a day and finally thought to listen to the injectors and found #6 not clicking. duh. easy mod to wire in the injectors but dammit.

Everyone with a AEM or other capable ecu and mk3 should get rid of batch fire atleast, if not also use a 3 chanel ignitor.

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
Advance Auto Parts

BWD Ignition Module/Control Unit
Part No. CBE537P

OE Style; DOHC

Warranty LIMITED LIFETIME REPLACEMENT
$113.39

Last edited:

bfr1992t

The quiet one
Oct 29, 2005
Ohio
Halsupramk3;1372328 said:
i was able to lean out my map in vacuum a lot. had to lean out in boost too but have not have time or road to tune boost. Sequential injection is soooo much better than batch (crap) fire.

the avalon ignitor i used also makes timing much better. i accidently cut the power wire to #6 inj and thought i wired in the ignitor wrong and had a miss. checked that for a day and finally thought to listen to the injectors and found #6 not clicking. duh. easy mod to wire in the injectors but dammit.

Everyone with a AEM or other capable ecu and mk3 should get rid of batch fire atleast, if not also use a 3 chanel ignitor.

Did you switch from the 2-cycle fire-all hack AEM had in the stock calibration directly to full sequential?

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
well my first post was when i was still on batch fire and 12 fuel teeth. i did have to lean some out but that may have been from a different unrelated problem.

I then put fuel teeth to 24 which will stop batch fire since we use a 12 tooth wheel on the cam. we get 12 twice between tdc events. when i put in 24 fuel teeth the car dies. thats because it only fires the injectors once per 4 stroke cycle instead of two, so half the fuel at 24 teeth. i increased the fuel about 40 to 50% to get the car to start. the injector needs more time on to spray. you can wire in the 4,5, 6 injectors and keep 12 teeth but going to 24 fuel teeth and getting rid of multiplex timing (oem timing randomization program) makes the car drive like a mk4.

Now i have sequential at 24 fuel teeth and have tuned the car with a hybrid boost comp map. Fuel is full boost comp over 5 psi, fuel graduates down at 5 psi to 0 psi and in vacuum the numbers are the same from left to right in each vacuum area (-3,-6,-9 and -12 psi). obviously -8 psi does not have as much fuel as -4 psi but the number is the same from left to right. that means the number is the same from 500 rpm to 7500. fuel is then corrected at these rpms via the throttle inj correct table and boost comp numbers. i use a little -% in the boost comp table under zero psi (it decreases fuel from 0 to -12 psi) and some throttle inject correct table for to reduce (-% at tps) fuel at throttle ranges from 0 to about 35 or 40%. thats about -17 at 0 tps to 0 or no correction at 35 or 40% thrtle inj correct table.

boost comp is awesome way to tune WOT. it works at every boost level when its set up properly and it appears to like sequential injection. i can run good fuel at 15 psi and flick the hi boost switch to 19 psi and the only number changed is the boost comp table number that increases the fuel across the rpm range equally at that psi setting. and i get the same a/f target.

I like the throttle inj correct and a little -% on boost comp in the vacuum areas because climbing hills and different gears have different throttle %s at the same rpms. so the fuel a/f will be correct in these areas at cruise.

my af on the highway is from 15.6 to 14.7 depending on what gear i am in. at 70 in 5th it is 15.3 to 15.7 depending on outside temps. usually 15.4 a/f.

bfr1992t

The quiet one
Oct 29, 2005
Ohio
The reason I asked is I saw the same change (richer in vacuum due to better injection event timing) when changing to a semi-sequential injection strategy like the stock TCCS. Most seem to skip or not fully set up semi-seq and go straight to full seq. AEM really cut some corners on this part of setting up the mk3.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Just did the swap from stock to 3kgt ignitor, Night and day difference. Running 2.125ms dwell with EMS 8860. Recommend to anyone with standalone, 113 dollars from advance auto.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
its as secre as the stock terminals fit, Hard to see how secure they are, but ill take a picture tomorrow.

When i was putting them on i know theres no way there coming off unless there physically pulled off.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
so i've been thinking maybe we can also use a 3 channel s90 ignitor? haltechs use these, so i dun see why not.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
p1437489_1.jpg

p1437489_2.jpg

My install, I'm wraping up the wires with electrical tape so they can't short on anything.

Last edited: