3" turbo Elbow ?

sarichmond

Vehicular Motion
Jun 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
When installing the 3" Turbo Elbow do you have to remove the turbo? The reason why i'm asking is that today when I was putting mine on, if your looking down from the passenger side of the car the bottom front nut of the elbow is very, almost impossible to go on with the turbo unit on. Has anybody else run into this issue? I will appreciate any feedback at all because this thing is killing me. Thanks.

Last edited:

sarichmond

Vehicular Motion
Jun 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Yeah I Tried every angle I could twist my body to. Under the car, over top, Sideways. But I will try the end wrenches. Thanks guys.

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
oh yeah, thats a fun one. i used extentions from underneath. went to the parts store and picked up some new nuts and bolts for the 3" elbow. gl

Spiv

hooligan
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando, Fl
GrimJack said:
Ratcheting box end wrenches - go buy a set, it's WORTH IT. :)

I'll drink to that. Took me almost an hour each time the first couple times I did it, then got those and turned it into a 10 minute job.

Allan_MA70

Banned
May 1, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
i put a 45deg angle to the left on a ring spanner about 2 inchs from the end worked for me...

mines a 3.5inch dump...

stainless%20021a.jpg

sarichmond

Vehicular Motion
Jun 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Your not lying. man it took me an hour. I know I have to do it again so I was just getting some advise. But I think The end wrenches should do it. Not sure why I didn't think of that before. I Will be buying them today thats for sure.

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Heidi and I just did a clutch last week.
Without ratcheting end wrenches, it would have been nearly impossible.

7MGTEJoe

Mar 31, 2005
Salinas, CA
rakkasan said:
those are great, but nothing beats extensions, swivels & air tools. :biglaugh:

Different tools for different jobs. An air ratchet with an extension is for when you can't get you hand near the bolt. Ratcheting wrenches are for when you don't have enough vertical clearance to get a socket over the top. Both are powerful tools and I'm glad I have them in my tool box.

Sarichmond~ If you don't own a set of ratcheting wrenches buy them. Hands down they're one of the best low buck addition to a supra owner's tool box.