#3 Timing Belt Cover Bolts

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Golf clap for using proper terminology!

On the thread, I'm not really 100%. They're probably M6x1 and something like 25mm long. Also there is one M6x1 nut you'll need as well.

Wait for someone else to confirm those numbers.

DMB-87Supra

May 31, 2007
Northeastern Pennsylvania
Yes, as was said, there's technically only two covers, the bottom cover and the top plastic one which both the TSRM and Haynes manuals refer to as timing belt cover #3 for some reason. I have a few of those nuts spare from different engines, but I want to get new bolts and don't have an old one to match it to(long story..). I'll give the size you recommended a try. Thanks again for the help.

EDIT: Meanwhile if anyone else can confirm the size that would be great, but at least I have something to work with for now if not.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Front upper timing cover to rear upper timing cover (top bolts) 10 m6x1.0 35mm
Front upper timing cover to rear upper timing cover (bottom bolts) 10 m6x1.0 25mm

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I run bolts that are a little shorter up on top, since I don't have a coil pack cover or the little plastic cover over the wire harness just behind the timing cover. They just look a little goofy sticking was beyond the welded nuts they screw into.

DMB-87Supra

May 31, 2007
Northeastern Pennsylvania
Thanks for the help guys, greatly appreciate it. Have a few other minor things I need help with that I'm gonna post up when I pull the pics off my camera, so hopefully I can get this thing back together. I've worked on alot of cars and I thought my 300zx used to be bad, but by far the Supra is the most annoying car to work on. Yet, I still love this car more than any other car I've ever owned/driven, even though I bought it with a cracked block and BHG and had to put another low mileage engine in it, had the metal coolant pipe that goes around the exhaust side around the back of the engine burst like the next day and had to replace that, and then had an old freeze plug blow out 2 days after that when I got the car back again(first three things I let a garage do because I didn't have anywhere to rip it apart at myself, that's also going to be the last time a garage touches my car), had the clutch/pressure plate go on me, and then had the HG on the low mileage engine go on me. So, I've had some head work done and had them shaved done, new MHG, new ARP head bolts(yeah wish I had the studs but I bought them when I first bought the Supra a long time ago), new Greddy timing belt, and every new gasket, hose, vacuum line, etc. that I can replace amongst other things. I'd rather put everything new in now while it's all apart than have to rip it back apart later for a $5 part. Anyway, as I said, thanks again guys. I appreciate the help.