3 gauge pod issues

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
I have a Lotek 3 gauge pillar pod. Bought it several yrs ago. Sat with other stockpile of parts.

Figured Id throw it on to add an extea gauge over my 2 pod.

Well:...............the lowest gauge pod hits the dash to the point you cannot even get the thing in place. Kinda bumbed about this.

Anyone ever have this problem? I know a bunch of these are out there.

Figured Id see if there was issues before I call them. Though I doubt they will do anyything given the time.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
I dont wanna sound like an ass but you did remove the stock a pillar stuff right? And yes I have a lotec 3 pillar and it needed a tad bit of shaving done to it but it fit in there like a glove. Pictures might help us more.

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
Yes, i removed old. And dash is bolted in.

The lowest pod sticks out a little more than the top two. Dont think I can shave it to fit. A bunch would have to come off.

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
My Lotek 2 gauge pod needed quite a bit trimmed off to fit it. Its really easy to see how much needs to be shaved off when you set it right next to your stock one. But like i said, I had to trim a LOT off of mine.

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
I have a Lotek 2 - gauge, and it went right in with no trimming. You do have to take a little care to make sure you insert the end nearest the dash first, but once I had that in the rest was cake.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Perhaps they've been modified from Lotek over the years to fit better? I believe all I needed to do to mine was run the Dremel through the pods themselves to get the gauges to fit inside.

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
My 2 gauge Lotek fits fine. When you look at my three pod the lowest one sticks out a little more that the other two. Wouldnt be a problem if it was the top two. But the bottom one is right up against the dash. My buddy has one and all three stick out about the same. I might have just got a bad one. I will try trimming and see what happens.