3.0 GT Turbo S - Pivot Engine Start button

zdaeng

KL
Oct 5, 2006
Malaysia
It all started when I detected problem with my key switch and decided the best way is to install Pivot Engine Start Button. Since I'm not a smoker I think the best place to install this is at the ciggarate lighter.

p844987_1.jpg

p844987_2.jpg

p844987_3.jpg

p844987_4.jpg

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Cool. So how does it work?

It would be great if it worked in this fashion:

1. the key is not needed to be in the ignition

2. button won't start the engine with an alarm enabled.

3. start the engine: disable the alarm, step on the brake then push the button.

4. stop the engine: step on the brake then pushing the button. leaving the turbo timer functional. being able to turn on the alarm with the engine running. engine turns off according to the turbo timer setting.

5. lastly, a switch that completely disables the button, returning to the normal procedure of starting a car. (for times when the car is at the shop)

zdaeng

KL
Oct 5, 2006
Malaysia
Enraged, Rodel,

Mine is just a basic Engine Start button. This function allows you to Key switch ON and press the Engine Start button in order to start the car. On the other hand this can also be used in conjunction with starting by key. So, if you have a car alarm installed it will still follows your existing setup.

Pivot also introduce another model for this Engine Start function which is Pivot Security-Starter and basically it covers some features as below.

1) Theft prevention
2) Secret number of time

Details as per attachment.

Attachments

• pivssk_r_l.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 7