2TurboZ's build thread

2turboZ

May 4, 2007
Buffalo NY
I bought this car about 2 mos. ago and it was supposed to come with a built motor. Before I bought any substantial mods for it a compression and leakdown test revealed that it was junk.

So the car has sat at the shop while I decided what to do for a motor and I finally bought one and it should be here in a week or 2.

So far I have purchased:

1000cc Precision Injectors
Custom Fuel Rail
AEM EMS
AEM UEGO
67mm Precision Turbo
with more to come

Pics at the shop.
p651938_1.jpg

p651938_2.jpg

Started to gut the old performance parts out as they are listed in my for sale thread. Took out all the IC piping and started cleaning up the engine bay a little bit. The bay will be really condensed and wires tucked when the other motor comes out.

Stay tuned :)

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
so i assume you're keeping the 7M... and not swapping in a JZ motor...
can't wait to see it done man... how much power you shootin for? especially with those 1000cc injectors!

2turboZ

May 4, 2007
Buffalo NY
sticking with the 7m...this would be the 3rd 7m I have owned for this car lol hopefully the 3rd time is a charm. The motor will be built head to toe and the head has some port work. Just have to decide if cams are in the budget for this year...if not definetly next year.

Power goals are as follows : 550whp on pump gas running no more than 25psi

725 on pump gas and methanol at no more than 30psi.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
have you seen Ron R's intake manifolds yet? they look real nice and make the engine look way better. plus it eliminates the intercooler pipes going over the turbo to get to the intake manifold...air won't get quite as hot

you never know how long he will be willing to make those, might wanna get one while you have the chance

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
crazysupra2JZ said:
have you seen Ron R's intake manifolds yet? they look real nice and make the engine look way better. plus it eliminates the intercooler pipes going over the turbo to get to the intake manifold...air won't get quite as hot

you never know how long he will be willing to make those, might wanna get one while you have the chance

Too late.........

2turboZ

May 4, 2007
Buffalo NY
Update:

Got my new rims put on today and the car definetly needs a drop.

Took my exhaust manifold and wastegate off for inspection and paid the balance on my new motor.

Pics
p658338_1.jpg

p658338_2.jpg

p658338_3.jpg

p658338_4.jpg

againstdawall06

Dec 8, 2005
mo
How big are those wheels? And ya, it def. needs a drop. Im riding on eibach/kybs so hopefully my wheels will look good with it.

2turboZ

May 4, 2007
Buffalo NY
Update:

Finally got off my ass and did something with the Silver car....the fate of the red one is still unknown. For those that wont read the entire thread, the car came with a mildly built motor and upon further review has poor compression in 1 cylinder. 8 mos after the test was conducted, I finally got the head off to see what the problem could be.

p912828_1.jpg

p912828_2.jpg

p912828_3.jpg

p912828_4.jpg

p912828_5.jpg

The head is going in to get checked out but I have another one ready to go on if this one is bad. It also appeared like the metal hg might have given way on the cylinder in question. So progress has been made.

Then we had a meal with some fine gents.

/exhausted

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
looks like that engine was built as you mentioned. Hopefully its something minor. How about the rings??

I take it that you will be taking the time to paint the block? That rust is ugly.

2turboZ

May 4, 2007
Buffalo NY
yeah the rust is ugly....but its also boat anchor sleeper lol. I was looking at painting it....i will have to see how easy it cleans up with a wire brush and wheel.

The oddest part is that there is a small amt. of play in the pistons when they are at the top of the cylinder. However only 1 cylinder was low on compression and they all seem to be about equal in that regard. So I dont know. Hopefully something comes back with the head. The HG had some minor blow out on it but I dont know about 80 pts low blow out.

I am honestly nervous about the whole thing. Just really hoping the cylinder head shop says something in that cylinder was bad because the 3rd is visibly different on the intake/exhaust sides of the head (oil, carbon deposit)