2JZGTE wont start...

90Supra-gte

Excited
Feb 9, 2007
Norway
Now I am finally ready to start my 2JZ up, but there is no spark.

I had a weak battery, charging it now...

I have 6-8 volt on the injectors when cranking, and no spark. Im not sure if I have wired the Neutral Start Switch right, could this cause the problem I have?

I have also figured out the i miss one plug near the Ignitor. Two connectors (one big and one with four pins) go to the ignitor and the third has two pins. One is ground and the other is no. 1 injector. What do I do with this connector?

I have checked the wiring for the cam/crank sensors.

Crank sensors measured 1182 and 1193 ohm, but my crank sensor only measured 1121 ohm. Should really be between 1630-2740 ohm? acording to the tsrm.

I hope you guys can help me out here. :)

90Supra-gte

Excited
Feb 9, 2007
Norway
:1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp:

here is a excel file that show how I have wired it.. :)

Hope all of my info helps :)

Attachments

• 7M-2JZ wiring.xls
    55 KB · Views: 19

1jzMoe

Supramania Contributor
Apr 2, 2005
Vilseck, Germany, Germany
First of all i would check your grounds and make sure everything is grounded (even go ahead and ground it more just to be safe), then i will suggest you go ahead and check your C1 Connector and make sure that is correct. Those are the two problems that i had when i did my 2JZ swap that caused no spark. I didn't look at your spreadsheet because i cant open it right now and i didn't do my own wiring.

90Supra-gte

Excited
Feb 9, 2007
Norway
okay. I will check that tomorrow. Thanks! :)

Im also wondering, can the oil level sensor have something to do with this? its a "two pin" connector level sensor. Some cars have a safety feature that cuts ignition if the oil level is low. do the aristo 2jz have this feature?

90Supra-gte

Excited
Feb 9, 2007
Norway
Looked over the wiring today and found the cause for my problem. Just me, myself and I who wired the NSW wrong. So now it fires right up! :)

josh930

Jan 14, 2006
NY
Dont get a new crank sensor. My ohm reading was right around yours and I thought it was no good so I ordered a new one. When it got here, I ohmed it and it read about the same as my old sensor.