2jzgte throttle cable

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
i put my engine in today.... i bought the mkiv throttle cable thinking it should just line right up but.... its about 3-4 inches too short? did i buy the wrong one? :p

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
im gonna pm some other guys to see what they used. i bought mine from driftmotion i wonder if he just sent the wrong one...... as suprastanger is useing the dealer 2jz cable as well

Last edited:

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
I know on the 1jz you have to move the throttle linkage piece back, but I dont know, maybe its the same for the 2jz?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Like I said in PM, move the bracket back then it fits. Done.

Someone should have probably told you it doesn't line up before you bought it so you would be prepared for that and know ahead of time.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
OneJoeZee said:

Someone should have probably told you it doesn't line up before you bought it so you would be prepared for that and know ahead of time.
on the 2jz no need to move any bracket, it bolts right up.. Being a few inches short seems like the wrong cable.. if an inch, could be a camry cable or somehing thats bolt up for the 1jz

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
i have a camry cable, and its actually a lil long but it fits fine

edit: post 777, haha, maybe ill get lucky and figure out the problem with my car now

Last edited:

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
I was sold a 2JZ throttle cable. Turns out they sent me the GE model instead of the GTE model cable. I sent the GE one back, but I havn't received the GTE cable yet.

Right now I am using some crappy auto parts store cable ends, it isnt to pretty but its working until the actual cable comes in.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Freshmaker said:
I was sold a 2JZ throttle cable. Turns out they sent me the GE model instead of the GTE model cable. I sent the GE one back, but I havn't received the GTE cable yet.

Right now I am using some crappy auto parts store cable ends, it isnt to pretty but its working until the actual cable comes in.
who did you buy it from

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
OneJoeZee said:
Are you sure

Yes, I did not have to move the brackets on the Aristo. On a USDM manifiold, if you are using an Aristo bracket, then you have to move it back. Bolt holes are not in the same location. ( you have to enlarge the bolt holes).
In TLO's case, he has a full Aristo motor like my current one, so a 2jzgte one should fit.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
tissimo said:
on the 2jz no need to move any bracket, it bolts right up.. Being a few inches short seems like the wrong cable.. if an inch, could be a camry cable or somehing thats bolt up for the 1jz

Camry cable is a little long, but fits perfect (throttle plate still opens 100% tho)

Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
I've got the Camry cable...how did you guys route or hold down your cable?!? I can't figure out what to do with the slack in order for it not to stick straight up in the air.

johnverheij

shoarmateam member
Nov 21, 2006
netherlands
tlo86 said:
i put my engine in today.... i bought the mkiv throttle cable thinking it should just line right up but.... its about 3-4 inches too short? did i buy the wrong one? :p
i have a 2jz cable from driftmotion too
and is also way to short

johnverheij

shoarmateam member
Nov 21, 2006
netherlands
OneJoeZee said:

i have the same cable
even if you put the bracket back it won't fit
the inner cable is about 5cm too short

Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
I had the same problem with my brand new 2JZ cable...it wouldn't even quite reach the throttle body hookup. It was close...but wouldn't reach. I got a Camry cable instead...it reaches...just a little long and I can't figure out how to route it so it doesn't look stupid.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
i talked to aaron he received the wrong part from his source so no biggie. they gave him the 2jzge m/t cables