2jzgte Pistons in a 1jz

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
Well at work today I decided to compare the differences between the 2.

I looked at the stock pistons for each motor.

Everything was the same, (dimension wise) bore size, Pin size, Ring height... Everything but the skirt length. But when I checked it with a CP 2j Piston... The skirt length was the same as the 1j. I double checked all the measurements with our Engine Builder at SP and he concurred that indeed they will work. We are going to toss a set into a motor and make sure all is good.

I will be sure to report back with any and all info I find out.

Tim@SP

eps

Mar 31, 2005
usa
That’s cool. I’ve never seen a 1jz piston, does it have the little oil gally the 2jz pistons have?
At least now we know we can use aftermarket 2jz pistons.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
yea im glad to hear this as well! tim called me at work just to let me know! i cant wait to build up my spare 1j block!

Supra_Z

7M dreamin
Feb 15, 2006
San Jose CA
so that means i can buy a JUN 2JZ stroker kit and throw it in a 1JZ right is that what were getting at here? and wouldnt that make it a 3.0L then because the 2j is a 3.0L?

Marotta1

Supreme Lurker
Supra_Z said:
so that means i can buy a JUN 2JZ stroker kit and throw it in a 1JZ right is that what were getting at here? and wouldnt that make it a 3.0L then because the 2j is a 3.0L?

Better check on that first cause the block height is about an inch shorter on the 1jz if I remember correctly. Don't want to shoot those nice new pistons into the head with that stroker crank and longer 2jz rods. The 2jz has longer rods. See below link for the difference.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348952

Supra_Z

7M dreamin
Feb 15, 2006
San Jose CA
Marotta1 said:
Better check on that first cause the block height is about an inch shorter on the 1jz if I remember correctly. Don't want to shoot those nice new pistons into the head with that stroker crank and longer 2jz rods. The 2jz has longer rods. See below link for the difference.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348952
so has anyone acutally tried to put the 2jz pistons and crank rods...etc in a 1jz and see if it actually turned over?

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
how about using 1jz rods on a 2jz and getting a tiny stroke super low compression so youcan run 30 psi of boost on pump gas and rev to 9000 RPM ;)