2jzgte MK III AEM V2 Chinese gt45 turbo on 91 octane dyno numbers

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Well I finally got around to have my car tuned last weekend. Jappbox tuning from Cedarapids IA came down and tuned the car. Jesse did a great job I couldn't be happier car drives amazing. Car made 516whp and I believe 427 trq @ 18psi on 91 octane. I'll have the dyno sheet tonight and will post it then.

Matt

RBD 305

Aug 19, 2010
Florida
Got a dyno sheet to post up? I know its a ebay gt45, but how was the spool characteristics with the spool valve?

And how is the ACT Stage 3 Clutch holding?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I assume you stopped tuning after exceeding the limits of pump?

How did you control the QSV? Open after you hit boost or used the dyno to see where it should be opened?

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
We stopped at 18 psi we were shooting for 20psi but for some reason the car was dropping boost on the dyno its fine hitting 20 on the street however. My tuner said 93 was good to 22psi so im going to redyno at chi 2k12.

I ran out of funds and time for the mac valve so its just running off pressure. Ill post the graph up soon. It gets alittle wavey at the top because of the boost flucuation it was having. I really think the dyno was having issues to be honest

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Not certain i never asked and i dont have an actual boost gauge everythings run off my avcr so it was difficult to tell.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
sm_photo_missing.jpg

jody

May 10, 2011
Caribbean
what i think you need to do is put a stiffer spring in the waste gate,what type of exhaust you are running i had the similar problem the car was running the stock exhaust and i could not raise the boost more than 15 psi, and my spring was 8 psi i change fron the 8 to a 14 and the car change in to a new car went back and from the 385 at 14 it jumped to 399 at the same 14 psi than i raised to 18 and made 435 and 404 but the timming was to save i could of made more but shes still running we only change the injectors to 550 and never opened the block it is a 2jzge converted to turbo whit a 57mm turbo

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
jody;1845916 said:
what i think you need to do is put a stiffer spring in the waste gate,what type of exhaust you are running i had the similar problem the car was running the stock exhaust and i could not raise the boost more than 15 psi, and my spring was 8 psi i change fron the 8 to a 14 and the car change in to a new car went back and from the 385 at 14 it jumped to 399 at the same 14 psi than i raised to 18 and made 435 and 404 but the timming was to save i could of made more but shes still running we only change the injectors to 550 and never opened the block it is a 2jzge converted to turbo whit a 57mm turbo

It has 3.5 inch exhaust I don't think thats the issue. I would tend to agree the waste gate spring could definitely be an issue. It has a 7psi spring in it we decided when we 1st started that it could be an issue. My only hold back on it is it holds boost fine on the street. It's just the dyno it's having issues. Another buddy of mine dynoed his hellion turbo cobra earlier in the wheel with the same issue. He has 4 inch exhaust to dual 3 inch. I'm going to be replacing my spring soon regardless just interesting there was multiple cars having issues on the dyno.

jody

May 10, 2011
Caribbean
NewGen;1845924 said:
It has 3.5 inch exhaust I don't think thats the issue.

whit a 3.5 i dont think it is the issue either ,change the spring,the 7psi spring you have is good for 14psi you all manage to squeeze 4 more psi out of it change it for a 14 psi or if you can get 16 psi is good and you will notice it.
i hurt two engines on the street after tunning on the dyno because we dit not know,the boost was doing the same thing the dyno here you cant load it,because of thad you will try to raise the boost and it wont go up and as soon as you hit the streets it will go to the last boost you set it up,lets say the last time you try to raise the boost on the dynoit came to 20 and dit not want to go more up you will try again to raise lets say to 22 and it will only go to 20 you will hit the streets whit the car and it migth even go to 24 psi and so you will hurt your engine,what i do i will lower the boost to 18 psi and i will raise it on the streets to 20 psi.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
My tuner went out with me after the dyno pulls and we did several street pulls and logged everything including the boost level. Everything looked great boost went right to 20psi and sat there.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
jody;1845990 said:
NewGen;1845924 said:
It has 3.5 inch exhaust I don't think thats the issue.

whit a 3.5 i dont think it is the issue either ,change the spring,the 7psi spring you have is good for 14psi you all manage to squeeze 4 more psi out of it change it for a 14 psi or if you can get 16 psi is good and you will notice it.
i hurt two engines on the street after tunning on the dyno because we dit not know,the boost was doing the same thing the dyno here you cant load it,because of thad you will try to raise the boost and it wont go up and as soon as you hit the streets it will go to the last boost you set it up,lets say the last time you try to raise the boost on the dynoit came to 20 and dit not want to go more up you will try again to raise lets say to 22 and it will only go to 20 you will hit the streets whit the car and it migth even go to 24 psi and so you will hurt your engine,what i do i will lower the boost to 18 psi and i will raise it on the streets to 20 psi.

Did you have a limit on the boost set in the EMS?

jody

May 10, 2011
Caribbean
iam building my 7mgte whit one, i also had one on a forged 7mge i had in the race car and at only 14 psi made 400 hp on pomp gas,the 7mgte iam building now will go in the street car,whit a fully ported and polished head 1mm over valve and 264bc cams this one have 9.0 compression and a pro efi ecu so iam gunning for 500 plus hp

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
I know u have a aftermarket fuel pump and injectors but What kinda coil packs are u running? Stock? Is it possible to make low 500s on stock coil packs?

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
IBoughtASupra;1853175 said:
Guys are making 1000+ on stock coils. Just get a HKS DLI and you will be set. Stock coils, that are good, will do 500HP without a sweat.

That's good to know since I don't have hks dli, I was also told that with v2 aem u don't need dli because it has wasted spark built in or something like that. Is this true?