2jzgte ecu on 1jzgte

Divin' Devin

Supra Extremist
Oct 8, 2005
Volusia county,Florida
My car is at Grip and they are doing a great job on the swap. However I am finding alot of the parts I bought from drift motion don't aparently work the way they are suppose to.(Agrivating) Now the ecu that came with the engine,(not from DM) evidently is a pos! I don't want to take a chance on an ebay one really. I have been reading posts on here that state that if engines are similar you can run other stock ecu's on them. my question is, can you run a stock or modified 2jzgte ecu on a 1jzte with out any problem. please back up your opinions with facts.I am running stock twins with stock injectors. I also have jdm mkIV 440's if this would help running a jdm 2j ecu. I don't have time for trial and error as that is apparently the only thing holding up my swap and I know that robert and pete need to move me out to get to their next project.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
You sure can run an aristo ECU on a 1jz, but you will either need the aristo harness or an adaptor harness from the JZA70 harness to the aristo ecu.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
Question on this subject

A USDM 2JZ ECU w/ a MAP ECU would work right? considering it gets rid of the maf sensor

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
I would just order an OEM one from a shop with warrenty if it dont work send it back.

The 440s will require fuel adjustment because 370s flow less fuel you might need a piggyback ?

You could in theory use any JZ-GTE ecu as long as you have the matching EFI harness & equipment because USA JZ-GTE ECUs have air flow sensors instead of MAP

If OEMs are to hard to come by then goto a standalone like stinger?

But a 2JZGTE ecu isnt streight up plug and play any shop should know that they have diffrent redlines displacement tunes.

It doesnt mean you cant make it work but is the work worth the outcome?

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Bigzavs;1163306 said:
Question on this subject

A USDM 2JZ ECU w/ a MAP ECU would work right? considering it gets rid of the maf sensor

Sure will.

viperkillertt;1163570 said:
Find a 1jz ecu or go with a stand alone. You will be much happier. I think doing the 2j is going to be much more work. You can get a "good" 1jz ecu for about 200 bucks often.

Its not too much work, just costs a little extra.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1163540 said:
I would just order an OEM one from a shop with warrenty if it dont work send it back.

The 440s will require fuel adjustment because 370s flow less fuel you might need a piggyback ?

You could in theory use any JZ-GTE ecu as long as you have the matching EFI harness & equipment because USA JZ-GTE ECUs have air flow sensors instead of MAP

If OEMs are to hard to come by then goto a standalone like stinger?

But a 2JZGTE ecu isnt streight up plug and play any shop should know that they have diffrent redlines displacement tunes.

It doesnt mean you cant make it work but is the work worth the outcome?

An ecu that doesn't blow up, sequential injection (the jza70 is batch), and something you can do probably 680cc injectors on safely seems great to me. Another added benefit is that after this, you can just do a pnp 2jz AEM box, as you have the 2jz connectors. That and they are CHEAP. I got mine for free, and spent the 300 I would have used to get a third JZA70 ecu on an adaptor harness from Dr Tweak.

Only downside, is that the aristo ecu has a redline of IIRC 6800, so you lose 400rpm, but there is a rumor about a LC on it. Something about it not letting you rev over 4k when not moving.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
Ok, i have that setup in my back seat right now, just needing the harness to adapt it. which injectors do i need to run the wires out to. i remember you have to run the wires for the sequential injection. any help would be appreciated