2jzgte boost issue

styx1787

Feb 26, 2008
Oklahoma
my 2jzgte seems to be having boosting issuses.... but i cant seem to find it. all through out the rpm range, the boost wont go past 5psi. the engine has been swapped with another 95 2jzgte, and there arent vacuum hoses where there should be... mysterious vacuum "nipples". i also dont think the wastegates are hooked up right. i guess what im looking for is possibly an online manual or resource to locate and identify vacuum lines and where they are supposed to go. any help would be much appreciated...

rocketguy13

Sep 5, 2006
dallas texas
i dont know your exact problem but i can give you suggestions. if you go to home depot and purchace items such as an adjustable air pressure regulator valve, a nipple that will connect it to an air line, a connection fitting that will connect it to a 2" pvc fitting, a 2" to 3" plumbing adaptor, and 2 hose clamps. you can build a home made boost pressure tester. you can attach it to the inlet where your intake tube connects to your turbos and use your boost guage to adjust it to about 8 to 10 psi. it will alow you to see if their are loose fittment on your intercooler piping and random vacuum hoses loose. i built one and found my bov wasnt sealing. DONT TEST IT WITH THE CAR RUNNING!! test it with the key on but engine off.

rocketguy13

Sep 5, 2006
dallas texas
also i had a problem on mine when i went big single i was hitting fuel cut at 8psi for some reason. i have the aristo 280hp engine from japan which is an obd1 engine. i built a map clamp (fuel cut defencer) and elimnated that problem but when i had it dynoed i found that it had a real bad spot where the ecm was pulling fuel and causing it to be really lean, the guy said that the obd1 ecm is known for that and that i needed to go with a obd2 ecm, i did testing on my own and found if you cut the wire to your throttle position sensor that goes to the wide open throttle switch then it solves that problem.

rocketguy13

Sep 5, 2006
dallas texas
if you do an aftermarket boost controller you will reroute all the hoses to the wastegates and you will be able to adjust the boost to what you want instead of the ecm doing it for you.

dmd0652

Jun 7, 2009
NH
I was actually going to post a similar thread about the same problem. I've got an HKS boost controller set to 1.35 bar but my Greddy boost gauge never passes 1.1 bar. :1zhelp: I'm going to be installing an FMIC in the upcoming week and hoping that maybe it's a leak in the piping so that will be fixed. Otherwise I'll be in the same boat in checking vac lines etc. Good call on TRSM. Maybe we can be of help to each other. Good luck with your situation.